Thread: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus 04/27/2014

Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus 04/27/2014

Michigan Open Carry will be conducting a public demonstration of every day open carriers. That’s right, a public demonstration.

We will be meeting at the Romulus City Hall and marching through Downtown Romulus to the Police Department on Olive Street and returning to the starting point at City Hall. A round trip of about 2 miles.

Our goal is to demonstrate to the public what the typical open carrier is like. And, to show that there is nothing to be concerned about.

If you’ve ever wanted to attend a Michigan Open Carry Event, this is the one. Come out and support our Michigan Constitutional right to keep and bear arms for the protection of ourselves and our loved ones.

What to bring: A piece of poster board. We will be making stencils out of 22” x 28” poster board. Please bring a piece of white or bright colored poster this size, or slightly larger. We’ll use our stencils and spray paint to instantly make a rally sign for you. Poster board is readily available at Meijer or your local office supply store.

When: Sunday April 27th

Where: Romulus City Hall
    11111 Wayne Rd
    Romulus, MI

Map: http://mapq.st/1hAxc6V

1:00pm - Gather at the Romulus City Hall
    1:30pm - Begin March through Downtown Romulus openly carrying holstered handguns and displaying our signs supporting our Michigan Constitutional rights.

We look forward to having you and your friends participate in this very important demonstration to the public that Open Carry of a handgun in Michigan is legal. And show what it’s like to see ordinary people like us Open Carrying our handguns.

For more information email: SERegion@MIOpenCarry.org

:thumbup:
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 04-22-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

PS - most dollar tree stores also have poster board too, if you don't have a office supply or Meijer stores near you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Hoping we get a good turn out. A lot of time went into this event, probably more than most realize.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Talked with the city clerk, seems a city appointed commission runs the Museum. Anyone interested in taking in the museum while in Romulus?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Talked with the city clerk, seems a city appointed commission runs the Museum. Anyone interested in taking in the museum while in Romulus?
    I'm down.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

bump
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Quote Originally Posted by Master Control View Post
    bump
    MC plan on being in Lansing on the 29th as well?
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

MC plan on being in Lansing on the 29th as well?
    Roger That
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

A video reminder of why this protest is happening... last I checked OCing is legal and so is knowing your rights!

Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-09-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    A video reminder of why this protest is happening... last I checked OCing is legal and so is knowing your rights!

"You want an education?"

Let's see just who is about to get educated...

Two weeks away. Bring your poster boards. We've got a message to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by MOC SE Events View Post
    "You want an education?"

Let's see just who is about to get educated...

Two weeks away. Bring your poster boards. We've got a message to deliver.
    ^^^This! The officer was very clearly giving a lesson in OE (opinion enforcement); black man with a legal gun, and one who knows his rights? Well we'll just see about that - so officer "above the law" decides to show the legal OCer the corrupt side of LE! Sad part is multiple officers on seen and not one of them lifts a finger or says a word to question what the "false arrest" officer is doing! With cops like that, no wonder their last police chief and 5 of the top detectives went to jail for stealing drug money and spending it on booze / hookers and a tanning salon to launder more money through. This department has a lot of moral rejects in it's ranks. Hopefully their Mayor & council force their chief to get off his @$$ and do something about this type of criminal conduct by sworn officers of the law. Every damn one of those cops knows better! They are trained by mandate via MCOLES that open carry is legal. You cannot become a police officer in MI without passing the MCOLES test. So this bullcrap that they just don't know about OC is exactly that, BULLCRAP!

/rant

GO give them hell!

Speaking of hell - I am mad as hell over this false arrest and the many like it that MI cops keep committing! You should be too! Why? Because next time it could be you! Where does it stop? Next thing- they don't like people who ask questions, so off to jail for that! Or they don't like people who drive red cars, so off to jail for that! Don't like people who _____ (fill in the blank), so it's off to jail for that! BULL!

I'm in.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus850CIA View Post
    I'm in.
    Cool! They need as many good people there as possible.

Hoping for a large turnout. If you can't make it, PLEASE pass the info to anyone you know in.S.E.Michigan.
    This kind of B.S. has got to stop.

Today!
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Today!
    Beautiful morning so far. Hopefully be a nice day for a stroll. See everyone there!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Hope it went great! Somebody post the details please.

Thank you to the 100+ people that attended today.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpe...52113268176234
    Last edited by MOC SE Events; 04-27-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Did the individual in the video attend? What is the status of the charge against him?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Did the individual in the video attend? What is the status of the charge against him?
    I know the charges got tossed out by the local judge. So at least the Romulus court knows the law.

Good turn out. Great walk with a group of like minded folks.

I heard the count was 65, either way a good turnout
    Last edited by Raggs; 04-28-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

A nice write up in the local paper. Well done by all. +1

Of course the their police chief is still saying the arrest was a good one....wtf?

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...d401722815.txt