Thread: Shoot out in Eureka Springs.

Shoot out in Eureka Springs.

Five armed bank robbers vs. armed citizens, 2 bank robbers dead on scene, one 4 days later, and 2 others seriously wounded, no armed citizens hit, and no innocent bystanders hit, $70,000 returned by armed citizens to the bank. Granted it was 1922, but it's still a good story.

The Wichita Eagle September 30, 1922
    Five bandits robbed the bank the other day and thought things were going about as usual. But just as they headed for their car at the curb, in the customary manner, they suddenly realized that they had made a mistake. They were in Arkansas! No helpless crowd of hopeless citizens stood agape while the dashing bandits sailed right out of their ken like a meteor on a starry night. That's not the way they do it in Arkansas. Two pedestrians on the way to visit a sick friend saw what was going on and stepped inside the hank door in time to open the battle with a few well directed bullets toward the bandit's vital organs. A lawyer in an office overhead said to his earnest client, "excuse me a moment please," stepped to a front window and put a half dozen bullets where they would do the most good. A dentist asked his patient to keep open wide please just one moment, and rested his rifle on the window sill long enough to make sure that at least one of the bandits would fail to leave town that day. A school boy hustling home to lunch whipped out his automatic and joined the attack."
    Now the merchants began issuing from the lunch counters and their kitchens. Each individual had his pistol spitting fire and steel as soon as he came within range. And not an innocent bystander was scratched. No wild shooting down at Eureka Springs. Needless to add, not one of the five bandits got away, and all the money, $70,000, was carried back into the bank.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/03...ht-showed.html

I can only imagine how main stream media would portray this today... how times have changed from praising the good guys as they did yesteryear, to exonerating the bad guys in the name of political correctness today --- I was indeed born in the wrong era.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I can only imagine how main stream media would portray this today... how times have changed from praising the good guys as they did yesteryear, to exonerating the bad guys in the name of political correctness today --- I was indeed born in the wrong era.
    Only the MEDIA, just what would the CURRENT "PROFESSIONAL" protectors of society (Revenue Enforcement Officers) and their chief's say to further justify there arrest and investigations against the GOOD CITIZENS that just stopped the robbery and returned the cash? Some of them would be facing charges if destroying evidence just to start!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"