• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoot out in Eureka Springs.

Small_Arms_Collector

Five armed bank robbers vs. armed citizens, 2 bank robbers dead on scene, one 4 days later, and 2 others seriously wounded, no armed citizens hit, and no innocent bystanders hit, $70,000 returned by armed citizens to the bank. Granted it was 1922, but it's still a good story.

The Wichita Eagle September 30, 1922
Five bandits robbed the bank the other day and thought things were going about as usual. But just as they headed for their car at the curb, in the customary manner, they suddenly realized that they had made a mistake. They were in Arkansas! No helpless crowd of hopeless citizens stood agape while the dashing bandits sailed right out of their ken like a meteor on a starry night. That's not the way they do it in Arkansas. Two pedestrians on the way to visit a sick friend saw what was going on and stepped inside the hank door in time to open the battle with a few well directed bullets toward the bandit's vital organs. A lawyer in an office overhead said to his earnest client, "excuse me a moment please," stepped to a front window and put a half dozen bullets where they would do the most good. A dentist asked his patient to keep open wide please just one moment, and rested his rifle on the window sill long enough to make sure that at least one of the bandits would fail to leave town that day. A school boy hustling home to lunch whipped out his automatic and joined the attack."
Now the merchants began issuing from the lunch counters and their kitchens. Each individual had his pistol spitting fire and steel as soon as he came within range. And not an innocent bystander was scratched. No wild shooting down at Eureka Springs. Needless to add, not one of the five bandits got away, and all the money, $70,000, was carried back into the bank.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/03/eureka-springs-gunfight-showed.html

Batousaii

I can only imagine how main stream media would portray this today... how times have changed from praising the good guys as they did yesteryear, to exonerating the bad guys in the name of political correctness today --- I was indeed born in the wrong era.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I can only imagine how main stream media would portray this today... how times have changed from praising the good guys as they did yesteryear, to exonerating the bad guys in the name of political correctness today --- I was indeed born in the wrong era.

Only the MEDIA, just what would the CURRENT "PROFESSIONAL" protectors of society (Revenue Enforcement Officers) and their chief's say to further justify there arrest and investigations against the GOOD CITIZENS that just stopped the robbery and returned the cash? Some of them would be facing charges if destroying evidence just to start!