Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Connecticut Chooses Liberty - CAGV Counter-attack

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910

    Exclamation Connecticut Chooses Liberty - CAGV Counter-attack

    Anti-rights groups have announced that they will protest a gun rights rally planned for April 5th using social media and creating a 'thunderclap'.


    Our response is to counterattack. We will need help from every single person reading this to make a thunderclap that makes their efforts look petty and silly.


    First:
    Go to the linked site and choose to 'support' this campaign with any of the following that you have an account for:


    Twitter
    Facebook
    Tumblr


    This costs you NOTHING. All you are doing is granting permission for the well known, secure site to post the message you see on that page to your social media account on April 5th at 12:00pm. It is easy as a few clicks to embarrass the anti-rights cultists that are hurting gun owners in Connecticut.


    If you don't have an account on one of these sites, please consider starting one. Social media is a very important tool for us.


    Second:
    Spread this link as far and wide as possible. The supporters currently say 'of 250'. We do not plan to stop there. We will be increasing this number as we progress. There is no upper limit to our campaign.


    People do not need to be in Connecticut to support this campaign, invite all of your friends, family and organizations in whatever states they might be in to crush these collectivists. Share this post with everyone on your friends list, and email to your contacts.

    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...erty?locale=en
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I am attending the one in our state capitol. Even though some would think this is against forum rules....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I am attending the one in our state capitol. Even though some would think this is against forum rules....
    You are attending a thunderclap in your state? Great. Post it so other states can help out.

    What precisely are you complaining about being against forum rules? A state gun rights organization reaching out for support from other states for a social media campaign?
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    You are attending a thunderclap in your state? Great. Post it so other states can help out.

    What precisely are you complaining about being against forum rules? A state gun rights organization reaching out for support from other states for a social media campaign?
    I am not complaining. Another poster took my comment that I support Connecticut gun owners as breaking forum rules. I disagree and the mods haven't modified it.

    Washington has a pretty strong gun support group and Bill is doing a great job at advertising it in our state forum and on social media, which I have shared too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I applaud what you guys in Connecticut are doing, You are moving out and drawing fire, we got your back!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    In 17 hours, we have achieved 90% of our goal to counter protest the anti-rights cultists at CAGV. Let's keep up the momentum and make sure that they go crawl back in the hole they came from once and for all.

    Keep up the good work everyone, keep sharing, especially to those heavy hitters' on social media with huge networks. We are about to increase the goal and we are going to need all the help we can get!
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  7. #7
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Great news. We are over 100% supported for our original goal of 250 supporters. At 106%, we are quickly closing in on the 114% that the anti-rights side is currently running.

    Keep up the great work everyone, we have 7 days left in this race, we shouldn't stop putting in work until the end. Let's see 200% by the end of the weekend!

    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...erty?locale=en
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  8. #8
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    We are well on our way to our goal. 133% to their 118%. We want to see at least 200% by the weekend, but we are not at all opposed to 300%. Let's make sure they never consider attacking gun owners on social media again.

    Connecticut Chooses Liberty!

    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...hooses-liberty
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  9. #9
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910

    Thumbs up

    Great work everyone!

    Yesterday we made the bold move to double our original goal of 250 supporters which was the same goal as our opposition. We are already over 111% of that goal and we are still growing our support. We are increasing our margin over the opposition all the time and our new goal is going to be 750 supporters. For reference, the maximum goal that thunderclap usually allows is 500 supporters and we blew right past that. That is why we are the #1 trending campaign on the thunderclap main page right now. We need everyone to keep up the great work as we still have 6 days left. Imagine what we can do in 6 days, considering we came from 0 to well over double the opposition's goal in 2 days. Nothing can stop us if we all keep this pace.

    Thank you to everyone supporting our fight.

    Connecticut Chooses Liberty!
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    ...some would think this is against forum rules....
    Did you not follow the link to see that this event is simply a lawful protest? It's a First Amendment exercise in "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances," straight out of our Bill of Rights.

    The term "thunderclap" is a crowd-sourcing website which allows groups to gather support for causes and events. Nothing more.

    Hmm...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Did you not follow the link to see that this event is simply a lawful protest? It's a First Amendment exercise in "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances," straight out of our Bill of Rights.

    The term "thunderclap" is a crowd-sourcing website which allows groups to gather support for causes and events. Nothing more.

    Hmm...
    I did. These folks are protesting a government rule one many Connecticut gun owners have decided to ignore which some would say would be "advocating" for the law breaking.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I did. These folks are protesting a government rule one many Connecticut gun owners have decided to ignore which some would say would be "advocating" for the law breaking.
    Oh my. Do us all a favor and don't post on this thread if it offends you so much. If you feel we are violating forum rules in some way, by all means, report it to the moderators for review.

    Otherwise, you seem to only be trolling.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  13. #13
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    We are up to 650 supporters on our social media campaign. Our goal is 750 by Tuesday. The anti-rights groups are pushing hard to try and catch up to us. We need to keep pushing even harder to expand our lead. We still have 5 days left in this race.

    The best way to put us far into the lead is to share this with all of your friends on facebook and tweet it to all of your contacts. Don't forget to post it on the big pages you know and ask anyone on social media with a good following to help out.

    It is a new week, let's get some fresh people involved!

    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...hooses-liberty
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  14. #14
    Regular Member SharpShootur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    135
    Hi everyone! LET'S KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!! 90% to the goal of 750...Astounding! We can definitely exceed this goal today, if we can keep the pressure on.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpShootur View Post
    Hi everyone! LET'S KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!! 90% to the goal of 750...Astounding! We can definitely exceed this goal today, if we can keep the pressure on.
    That is the spirit!
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  16. #16
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    We are up to 650 supporters on our social media campaign. Our goal is 750 by Tuesday. The anti-rights groups are pushing hard to try and catch up to us. We need to keep pushing even harder to expand our lead. We still have 5 days left in this race.

    The best way to put us far into the lead is to share this with all of your friends on facebook and tweet it to all of your contacts. Don't forget to post it on the big pages you know and ask anyone on social media with a good following to help out.

    It is a new week, let's get some fresh people involved!

    https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...hooses-liberty
    More than 680 when I just checked.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Oh my. Do us all a favor and don't post on this thread if it offends you so much. If you feel we are violating forum rules in some way, by all means, report it to the moderators for review.

    Otherwise, you seem to only be trolling.
    Ummm did you not read my posts in this thread? I stand with Connecticut gun owners and I support them.

    Nothing you are doing is offending me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Oh my. Do us all a favor and don't post on this thread if it offends you so much. If you feel we are violating forum rules in some way, by all means, report it to the moderators for review.

    Otherwise, you seem to only be trolling.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=120849

    Start at post #19

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I did. These folks are protesting a government rule one many Connecticut gun owners have decided to ignore which some would say would be "advocating" for the law breaking.
    Well, CT Carry did produce a document that advocated for non-compliance. The basic premise was that registration leads to confiscation.

    I don't think that the argument is a winning constitutional argument.

    My argument that disclosing guns and mags one has creates a safety risk for the citizen(s) (something that six or seven state agencies have all agreed upon, including the state police and the AG's office) is a much stronger constitutional argument and an argument not raised in any court filing yet.

    So while I disagree with the reasons why CT Carry said not to register I do agree with the conclusion not to register. CCDL issued no such analysis..taking a softer approach but one that created a safety risk for its members IMO.

    Of course, the statements made by CT Carry manager that he has no AW to register bugged me a little. Like : do what I say not as I do.

    I'm of the opinion that 99% of the people of the state could tell the legislature to repeal the law and it would do no good by itself; they do not care.

    I have no FB, tweeter, etc accounts so I did not sign up for the thunderclap ... I likely would if I did though; its not going to hurt.

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I support people doing it no matter what their personal reason for doing it is. I support individualism.

    Your argument does appear to be a constitutional argument, you want to be secure in your person, papers and effects.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I support people doing it no matter what their personal reason for doing it is. I support individualism.

    Your argument does appear to be a constitutional argument, you want to be secure in your person, papers and effects.
    Ah! never thought of that view -- I was looking at infringement of 2nd but that argument is interesting too.

  22. #22
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    ...to be secure in your person, papers and effects.1
    No letters to those non-compliant regarding confiscations, not registered, Interwebz lie? I now read "The basic premise was that registration leads to confiscation."

    What? Which is it? Registered leads to confiscation, or could. Or, not registered leads to confiscation.


    1 Except guns, the illegal kind.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    No letters to those non-compliant regarding confiscations, not registered, Interwebz lie? I now read "The basic premise was that registration leads to confiscation."

    What? Which is it? Registered leads to confiscation, or could. Or, not registered leads to confiscation.


    1 Except guns, the illegal kind.
    Interesting discussion. It seems both, I don't see why we should separate guns legal or "illegal" (to me there are no illegal guns just prohibited ones).

    Many of the "founders" were smugglers fighting against government writs and searches for their contraband, which they had in mind when writing the fourth.

    I think both leads to confiscation if we left it up to the machinations of the state, shame on them for putting people in that position.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Interesting discussion. It seems both, I don't see why we should separate guns legal or "illegal" (to me there are no illegal guns just prohibited ones).

    Many of the "founders" were smugglers fighting against government writs and searches for their contraband, which they had in mind when writing the fourth.

    I think both leads to confiscation if we left it up to the machinations of the state, shame on them for putting people in that position.
    All true, but the question is, if the applicable citizens of CT do not register their prohibited gun(s) will the cops come and get them and their "illegal" gun(s).

    To me the question remains unanswered.

    We all concede, I hope, that the registered gun(s) can now be more easily confiscated as a result of being registered.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    All true, but the question is, if the applicable citizens of CT do not register their prohibited gun(s) will the cops come and get them and their "illegal" gun(s).

    To me the question remains unanswered.

    We all concede, I hope, that the registered gun(s) can now be more easily confiscated as a result of being registered.
    Yep good question.

    Which in my mind makes for more questions. How do they know who to go after, in my state DOL is (unconstitutionally in my opinion) sharing FFL paper work with cops creating a defacto registration.

    Will the Ct gun owners hold their ground and resist these intrusions?

    What will the result be if they do? How far will the state go to impose it's will upon them. Will the people serving the state or their "community" feel these thousands of gun owners somehow are not part of their community to be served and enforce the will of the state over the will of the people?

    Will people who don't reside in this state stand up and support the Ct gun owners? and to what extent?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •