Thread: Carrying while fishing or boating

Carrying while fishing or boating

With Spring around the corner (we hope) I'd like to carry while boating/fishing but have some concerns. As I understand it, carry in a boat is no different from carry in a car, once you are on the water. The problem as I see it is the launch ramp. Any boat launch located in a state part (Haddam Meadows, for example) would be a "no carry" zone, I believe. Is this correct? Also Corps of Engineers reservoirs are off limits. I can't find anything on the Riverfront Recapture web site about the Riverside Park. Also, what about state launches that are not in a park? Does anyone know of a comprehensive source compiling carry friendly, and unfriendly, launches in the state?

Any help would be appreciated.

North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Just stay out of posted places or places prohibited by law.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues:

Plainville, CT, ,
    State/town launches are OK. Launches in State parks are NOT. Only exception for parks is shotguns stowed in boat for waterfowl hunting.
    Last edited by AGust82; 03-31-2014 at 05:15 PM.