• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not a FanBoy

OC for ME

Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37.
Colt made the 1911 what it is and what Kimber would like the 1911 to be.

sudden valley gunner

Nawww my next gun will probably be a Ruger or a M&P, both far superior and better made than the Glocks.

I carry a Glock, when people ask about it I tell them it's like the Honda of guns, not necessarily the best but reliable and easy to fix.

I bought an M&P for my better half. It is a very nice pistol. I carry it sometimes as a dress up gun, since it still looks new while my daily carry Glock........well looks like I carry it daily.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I carry a Glock, when people ask about it I tell them it's like the Honda of guns, not necessarily the best but reliable and easy to fix.

I carry a gen 2 model 23 mostly mainly because it is very well used and I don't worry about the finish any more nick or dings and It works well. A every day carry gun gets the used look very fast.

Other the that its is nothing special

sudden valley gunner

I carry a gen 2 model 23 mostly mainly because it is very well used and I don't worry about the finish any more nick or dings and It works well. A every day carry gun gets the used look very fast.

Other the that its is nothing special

I agree, like Hondas not really that special......;). It goes bang and fits in my hand well. The lighter design makes it a little more comfortable for carrying 15 rounds thought, yet that is a common feature among the tupperware guns.

OC Freedom

I bought an M&P for my better half. It is a very nice pistol. I carry it sometimes as a dress up gun, since it still looks new while my daily carry Glock........well looks like I carry it daily.

Glock is like a Honda, well put. I own 6 G17 just for the same reason. My preference in firearms are all designed in the 19th century and nothing is more pleasurable than holding/shooting a SAA with black powder loads.

When it comes to rifles I'll pick a "73 Winchester" over a black rifle any day. That's not saying I don't enjoy shooting MSR, I just love Winchester repeaters.:)

teddyearp

and nothing is more pleasurable than holding/shooting a SAA with black powder loads.

Yeah forget all this glock vs 1911 crap. they both use the EVIL new fangled smokeless powder.

For the record, I don't hate Glocks much. Hey my 1911 has polymer grips. . ..