• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny stuff in movies - firearms related

stealthyeliminator

On the TV right now... Girl trying to save kidnapped baby... Had handgun in hand. Bad walking toward her. Gets right up to her. She pulls trigger, click, no boom. I think, gun isn't loaded? Bad guy takes gun from her hand and says "next time, you might want to take the safety off".

........ it's a Glock. :facepalm:

So what are the funniest firearms mess-ups in movies that you've seen? Not just the standard unlimited ammo type stuff, but something that made you really laugh inside, or facepalm?

Rusty Young Man

If you've watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day, the bar scene where a naked T-2 beats up a bar full of biker outlaws, one biker (whose hands have been horribly burnt in the fight) pulls out a 1911... and fails to rack the slide because he carried Condition 3 (full mag, empty chamber, hammer down).
Because I'm sure an OUTLAW would carry in a "government prescribed" manner.:rolleyes:
Sarah Connor handles herself B E A U T I F U L L Y (;)) in that movie though.
Robert Patrick (the T-1000) makes for a more convincing cyborg. Should have gotten an Oscar or something for it.

MaxPower

One of my favorites that I see all the time... pulling the trigger multiple times on an unloaded striker fired pistol and getting multiple "clicks" as a result.

Shovelhead

The Good The Bad and the Ugly.
Scene near the end where the three bad guys are in the center of the cemetery.
Lee Van Cleef has a cap and ball revolver, and .45 cartridges in his gun belt.

MANY 'Cowboy' movies where the bad guy threatens the good guy with a SAA and the hammer isn't cocked in one frame, and magically it is in the next.

Last edited:

lucas340

21 jump street the new one with Channing Tatum him and Noah hill are in back alley shooting 45 xd Noah didn't have proper grip hence not depressing grip safety but still being able to shoot

R027

From many movies and tv shows; a loud gun cocking sound effect from simply pointing the gun at someone.

WalkingWolf

The Good The Bad and the Ugly.
Scene near the end where the three bad guys are in the center of the cemetery.
Lee Van Cleef has a cap and ball revolver, and .45 cartridges in his gun belt.

MANY 'Cowboy' movies where the bad guy threatens the good guy with a SAA and the hammer isn't cocked in one frame, and magically it is in the next.

AND there are no caps on the 58 remy.