Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two men with video cameras can change an entire police department

two men with video cameras can change an entire police department

My friend has been arrested 3 times by the Hawthorne police department for video recording. He has won 3 lawsuits against them for all of the arrests.

There was a time in the city where if he showed up to film they would harass, threaten and arrest for filming them. This is a blatant violation of constitutional rights.

Watch this video and see how the police treat him now !!!

Additionally, in this video you should note where we are standing and filming. Exactly one year ago I was filming by myself in this exact location at a DUI checkpoint and a Sgt came over and told me to leave and threatened me with arrest for filming.

Man, times have changed. The police have changed. All because two men with video cameras stood their ground and stood up for the constitutional rights of all Americans.

The Lt in this video comes off as nice and friendly but make no mistake, this guy is a crooked cop who lied on all of our police and arrest reports and destroyed evidence and engaged in a cover up in our arrests and the arrests of others.

Of course, since he has qualified immunity and indemnification nothing personally every happened to him. The city government just made the tax payers foot the bill and pay for his sins.

Must be nice being a cop and being above the law.

Banned
    I doubt that tampering with evidence is something that their job's immunity would cover ...

what did ya win win via the 3 cases , $$$$

Banned
    These ROADBLOCKS are straight out of Nazi Germany/Communist USSR/etc.

Here is a horrifying example out of Tennessee.

Man Arrested at Illegal Checkpoint in Eagleville, TN FULL VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0OS9IArIBo

2 men with cameras expose these crimes, half a dozen TRAINED and armed men could END them.

How long would "checkpoints" continue across this country if they were RIGHTFULLY attacked for the treasonous Police State operations they are??????
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 03-30-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post

He is a horrifying example out of Tennessee.

2 men with cameras expose these crimes, half a dozen TRAINED and armed men could END them.

How long would "checkpoints" continue across this country if they were RIGHTFULLY attacked for the treasonous Police State operations they are??????
    Reported.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned

He is a horrifying example out of Tennessee.

I agree ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Reported.

Reported??????

For what?

Speaking the truth?

Mr. Primus, do YOU support using the Constitution as toilet paper????

Banned
    Sorry for the distraction of Mr. Primus' "reporting".

THE QUESTION WAS.....................

Last edited by Jeff. State; 03-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Reported??????

For what?

Speaking the truth?

Mr. Primus, do YOU support using the Constitution as toilet paper????
    Sure. For speaking the truth and advocating violence and illegal activity

I support using Scott brand toilet paper. If your posts were in a paper format I would use them, except they would already be full of.....

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Illegal Activity, Primus.

You said it all right there.

These NAZI CHECKPOINTS in America, ARE "illegal activity".

Resisting them in any way CAN GET SOMEONE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your "colors" are transparent, Primus. Statist BLUE, through and through.

How about you shed that "color" and support The Constitution and the Individual LIBERTY it supposedly protects?
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 03-30-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: color added

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

I support using Scott brand toilet paper. If your posts were in a paper format I would use them, except they would already be full of.....

Lol. This is actually a good one, Primus. Very witty IMO.

However, it isn't always illegal to resist arrest, or even use lethal force to resist a police officer's arrest or orders. Some states, or at least mine, generally provide that a 3rd party can nearly always defend another to the degree that person would be justified in defending themselves, as well, so putting an end to certain abuses that you witnessed as opposed to were experiencing for yourself would also be legally justifiable.

Therefore, the activity "advocated" above isn't necessarily illegal. I haven't watched the video so I'm not speaking in the context of it, just speaking generally.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    It's interesting to see which side people choose.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Lol. This is actually a good one, Primus. Very witty IMO.

However, it isn't always illegal to resist arrest, or even use lethal force to resist a police officer's arrest or orders. Some states, or at least mine, generally provide that a 3rd party can nearly always defend another to the degree that person would be justified in defending themselves, as well, so putting an end to certain abuses that you witnessed as opposed to were experiencing for yourself would also be legally justifiable.

Therefore, the activity "advocated" above isn't necessarily illegal. I haven't watched the video so I'm not speaking in the context of it, just speaking generally.
    Lol I'm glad you got a chuckle.

And I actually agree with the having the right to resist the unreasonable use of deadly force. It was shown to me the case , black vs. US maybe?, where it a citizen can defend themselves against DEADLY force with equally deadly force.

But... that's NOT what this guys said.

He said straight out a group of men shooting cops at a dui check point and killing them. He then said if that occurred that others would think about ever conducting a checkpoint again.

Lol I'm glad you got a chuckle.

And I actually agree with the having the right to resist the unreasonable use of deadly force. It was shown to me the case , black vs. US maybe?, where it a citizen can defend themselves against DEADLY force with equally deadly force.

But... that's NOT what this guys said.

He said straight out a group of men shooting cops at a dui check point and killing them. He then said if that occurred that others would think about ever conducting a checkpoint again.

The case wasn't just about resisting deadly force.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

You are right, this is terrible.

The poster needs to be punished.

I suggest he be punished very severely. I sentence him to 2 weeks of additional training and I order the tax payers to pay a settlement to the victims. That will teach him !!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    You are right, this is terrible.

The poster needs to be punished.

I suggest he be punished very severely. I sentence him to 2 weeks of additional training and I order the tax payers to pay a settlement to the victims. That will teach him !!!!
    Is this what you won in your 3 civil cases .... a settlement for "training"? That's not what lawsuits are about ... they are about $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Is this what you won in your 3 civil cases .... a settlement for "training"? That's not what lawsuits are about ... they are about $$$$.
    In my friends lawsuits he won $25,000 for his first illegal arrest. For the second illegal arrest he won $75,000. And his 3rd is currently pending.

There are also 2 other arrests that he is likely going to file lawsuits over.

Banned
    In my friends lawsuits he won $25,000 for his first illegal arrest. For the second illegal arrest he won $75,000. And his 3rd is currently pending.

There are also 2 other arrests that he is likely going to file lawsuits over.
    That's sweet .... made a few bucks the third should be for a billion !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That's sweet .... made a few bucks the third should be for a billion !
    No..... that's..... one bbiiillliiiooonnn dollars. And some friggin laser beams.

No..... that's..... one bbiiillliiiooonnn dollars. And some friggin laser beams.

I really do love OCDO. You guys actually have a sense of humour, unlike the overly PC zombies I have to put up with here on campus.

Alright, this is a question to the powers-that-be on OCDO: is it ok for me to get a few shirts printed up that read "I *heart* OCDO" and "OpenCarryDotOrg"?

OT: is there any movement on behalf of the citizenry to replace the chief of police in the area, or any other form of pressure to make sure LEOs are well-educated on the Constitution and laws?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by onus
    My friend has been arrested 3 times by the Hawthorne police department for video recording.
    He has won 3 lawsuits against them for all of the arrests.
    So he's won 2 suits, for a total of $100,000, and still they arrested him a third time?
    Not too bright, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    So he's won 2 suits, for a total of $100,000, and still they arrested him a third time?
    Could go either way....

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The police, city council and mayor don't care, its not their money.

Banned
    I would not care where the money came from ... cash is cash.

We can't forget the sharks!

Banned

"Law" enFORCEment officers never have to take PERSONAL responsibility for their actions. The Unions and the system/racket (thin blue line) they operate under ensure they are IMMUNE to all but the most heinous acts.

The city council and mayor have to get re-elected which puts some accountability on their shoulders.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 04-01-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast