• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double Open Carry/Double Carry?

wimwag

Mr. wimwag has, apparently, some pent-up prepubescent angst that he is in need of releasing. You seem to be another notch in his gunbelt.

Anyway, I as well have never seen to OCd firearms (hunting don't count). I would not OC two firearms either. My "bug" is a knife because it is a more versatile tool than a single purpose pistol.

You are entitled to your opinion. Even though its stupid and wrong.

I responded to him that way because I was wondering how scared you have to be of someone calling 911 and screeching OMG HE HAS A GUN to forfeit a right and how often he forfeits them based on the illogical assumption that someone will exhibit a special brand of illogical and unfounded fear based on reruns of Law & Order. Hiding your safely and lawfully carried firearm because "this could be the one" is a bit like an addiction to gambling. Every time could be the time. Keep calm and carry on.

EMNofSeattle

carry dual 1911s with sleeve tatooes in a tank top with a oversized cross necklace like Brantley Gilbert in this recent music video...

[video=youtube;ukick72Qafc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukick72Qafc[/video]

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

One day, I will have a matching pair of 1911s (haven't decided the brand), and on that day I will dual-OC.

I can't see doing it regularly, but I also can't see not doing it at least once. ;)
Make sure you get those chrome/nickel plated one that are real shinny with a lot of ingraving and pearl handles so they really stand out. You can bedazzle them also...lol
That's my plan... except for the chrome/nickel plated and bedazzled parts.:lol: Stainless in matte finish is shiny enough for me.

I'm saving up between tuition and living expenditures to buy myself another SA 1911-A1 to go with the one I have.

I know there were at least TWO other members that dual OC: one is a fellow desert-dweller, and the other I have not seen around here for a while.:confused: Hope he's alright...:(

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I responded to him that way because I was wondering how scared you have to be of someone calling 911 and screeching OMG HE HAS A GUN to forfeit a right and how often he forfeits them based on the illogical assumption that someone will exhibit a special brand of illogical and unfounded fear based on reruns of Law & Order. Hiding your safely and lawfully carried firearm because "this could be the one" is a bit like an addiction to gambling. Every time could be the time. Keep calm and carry on.

So far the count is zero. Remember, I live in Virginia.