Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 183

Thread: CC at its finest

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255

    CC at its finest

    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/1253...-holder-saves/

    ill just drop this off right here.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Sounds to me like CC gave this guy the immense tactical advantage of having to choose between being taken to the back room to be shot, or drawing from concealment on an armed assailant who already had the drop on him.

    It's a good thing his attacker gave him the opportunity to make this move, which easily could have been prevented.

    It's an even better thing our hero wasn't OCing, or he most certainly would have been shot first. Also, he undoubtedly drew just as fast or faster than someone with an OC holster.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-31-2014 at 09:03 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Sounds to me like CC gave this guy the immense tactical advantage of having to choose between being taken to the back room to be shot, or drawing from concealment on an armed assailant who already had the drop on him.

    It's a good thing his attacker gave him the opportunity to make this move, which easily could have been prevented.

    It's an even better thing our hero wasn't OCing, or he most certainly would have been shot first. Also, he undoubtedly drew just as fast or faster than someone with an OC holster.
    Like all CCers he planned it just so he could "ambush" a bad guy...

    How is it that these incidents NEVER happen to those who OC? Either OC prevents them or Gasp as above they lay in wait for the bad guy.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-31-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    considering this is olde news as it occurred mid Jan 2014, nice of you to do your homework g21...cause the information stated in your self serving article do not reflect the facts... geesh!!

    in the original new report there is no mention of CC' but rather...

    the individual who shot the bad guy exited the building the same time the bad guy entered

    the 'good' guy went around the back and burst through the back door and shot and killed the bad guy

    i sorry did the 'good' guy get his trusty firearm from his vehicle's glovebox, then re-enter the building? hummmm?

    http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/201...y-in-orrville/

    G21, just thought i would pull the pin and throw it back at you...^_^

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-31-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    "I'll just drop this right here".... that's exactly what my dog thinks when he does his business in the house. Similar results....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    considering this is olde news as it occurred mid Jan 2014, nice of you to do your homework g21...cause the information stated in your self serving article do not reflect the facts... geesh!!

    in the original new report there is no mention of CC' but rather...

    the individual who shot the bad guy exited the building the same time the bad guy entered

    the 'good' guy went around the back and burst through the back door and shot and killed the bad guy

    i sorry did the 'good' guy get his trusty firearm from his vehicle's glovebox, then re-enter the building? hummmm?

    http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/201...y-in-orrville/

    G21, just thought i would pull the pin and throw it back at you...^_^

    ipse
    since you can't read the title heres one with a video

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Like all CCers he planned it just so he could "ambush" a bad guy...

    How is it that these incidents NEVER happen to those who OC? Either OC prevents them or Gasp as above they lay in wait for the bad guy.
    again you can't prove OC prevents crime. yes I'm sure he was planning to kill someone that day.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    "I'll just drop this right here".... that's exactly what my dog thinks when he does his business in the house. Similar results....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    did you come up with that all on your own?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    did you come up with that all on your own?
    Nope. Its far above my intellect.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    again you can't prove OC prevents crime. yes I'm sure he was planning to kill someone that day.
    Can you prove that OC does not? Do you have any incidents that OC encouraged a crime. Do you have any incidents of simular incidents to the one you stated in OC?

    Didn't think so~~~

    Even though you changed details to support your unsupported dumb biases. Lack of crime against OC is enough for intelligent people.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-01-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    So CC guys get to shoot at people and OC guys don't have to.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    So CC guys get to shoot at people and OC guys don't have to.
    Bingo!!!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    For example...

    http://www.examiner.com/article/open...bbery-kennesaw

    FUQ-"The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave."
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finger gun.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	11424
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    g21...i cant read...let me reiterate:

    there was nothing in the original mid jan news article about CC!

    the good guy left the building and returned through the back door...did he grab his firearm as he passed his vehicle or have it on him is UNKNOWN! I am going w/a minimal leap of faith, it was in his vehicle!

    that some fool decided to take liberties with the news story twisting it to their own end, so savants will jump up and down pointing to the bastardized article to prove some warped concept is not of my concern...

    me thinks you are texting from 307!!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Can you prove that OC does not? Do you have any incidents that OC encouraged a crime. Do you have any incidents of simular incidents to the one you stated in OC?

    Didn't think so~~~

    Even though you changed details to support your unsupported dumb biases. Lack of crime against OC is enough for intelligent people.
    show me a statistic. i can't show you one because there is no proof that OC prevents crime. on top of that not many people who carry guns OC in public. most CC. even people on here CC from time to time. so the chances of a CCer encountering a bad guy is far greater then any OCer. i find it funny that your tactic is "I'm showing everyone my gun so I'm good." yet people shoot UNIFORMED ARMED police all the time. they have dash cams and a radio to call for back up. what makes you think they wouldn't shoot you? a civilian, in plain clothes, to accomplish their goals?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    For example...

    http://www.examiner.com/article/open...bbery-kennesaw

    FUQ-"The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave."
    i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    g21...i cant read...let me reiterate:

    there was nothing in the original mid jan news article about CC!

    the good guy left the building and returned through the back door...did he grab his firearm as he passed his vehicle or have it on him is UNKNOWN! I am going w/a minimal leap of faith, it was in his vehicle!

    that some fool decided to take liberties with the news story twisting it to their own end, so savants will jump up and down pointing to the bastardized article to prove some warped concept is not of my concern...

    me thinks you are texting from 307!!

    ipse
    that would be considered CCing.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    So CC guys get to shoot at people and OC guys don't have to.
    or like i have said. OCers pass the problem on to someone else like a pregnant mother and her children. shows how much you care.

  20. #20
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    or like i have said. OCers pass the problem on to someone else like a pregnant mother and her children. shows how much you care.
    Police are paid to take care of the problem, take the exam, pass the academy, stop playing cop.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  21. #21
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.
    Carrying a gun has never been about providing for society. It is about personal safety, the right to self defense. Not to be a wannabe cop, or fulfilling some fantasy of killing another person.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    or like i have said. OCers pass the problem on to someone else like a pregnant mother and her children. shows how much you care.
    Utter nonsense. The OC'er in Richmond Virginia shot the bad guy, the OC'er in Delaware shot the bad guys. The OC'ers in Georgia prevented a crime from happening and the cops arrested them.

    All your arguments are fear based arguments.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 04-01-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.

    Utter hogwash, making up intent where there is none.

    No OC'er I know wishes the harm upon someone else, these two had no idea they stopped a robbery until after, so it was not their intent to have people robbed after them, intellectual dishonest argument.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Utter nonsense. The OC'er in Richmond Virginia shot the bad guy, the OC'er in Delaware shot the bad guys. The OC'ers in Georgia prevented a crime from happening and the cops arrested them.

    All your arguments are fear based arguments.
    I disagree, they are clearly hate based. There is a clear level of hate, much like the level of hate that spews from that idiot(Runaway Yeager)'s mouth. Sometimes I wonder where such hatred comes from, but then I remember I don't care, not my problem.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    show me a statistic. i can't show you one because there is no proof that OC prevents crime. on top of that not many people who carry guns OC in public. most CC. even people on here CC from time to time. so the chances of a CCer encountering a bad guy is far greater then any OCer. i find it funny that your tactic is "I'm showing everyone my gun so I'm good." yet people shoot UNIFORMED ARMED police all the time. they have dash cams and a radio to call for back up. what makes you think they wouldn't shoot you? a civilian, in plain clothes, to accomplish their goals?
    FBI study shows that cop killers are a very specific subset of crooks.

    No one here is anti CC, you are the anti OC and grasp at improbable lies and myths and unsubstantiated claims to prove your point.

    Funny thing is you post this after I post an example of where it did stop a crime. (bolded)

    Your narrow minded religious zealot like adherence to your belief of CC is better has been duly noted and is laughable.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •