• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Sounds to me like CC gave this guy the immense tactical advantage of having to choose between being taken to the back room to be shot, or drawing from concealment on an armed assailant who already had the drop on him.

It's a good thing his attacker gave him the opportunity to make this move, which easily could have been prevented.

It's an even better thing our hero wasn't OCing, or he most certainly would have been shot first. Also, he undoubtedly drew just as fast or faster than someone with an OC holster.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Sounds to me like CC gave this guy the immense tactical advantage of having to choose between being taken to the back room to be shot, or drawing from concealment on an armed assailant who already had the drop on him.

It's a good thing his attacker gave him the opportunity to make this move, which easily could have been prevented.

It's an even better thing our hero wasn't OCing, or he most certainly would have been shot first. Also, he undoubtedly drew just as fast or faster than someone with an OC holster.

Like all CCers he planned it just so he could "ambush" a bad guy...:rolleyes:

How is it that these incidents NEVER happen to those who OC? Either OC prevents them or Gasp as above they lay in wait for the bad guy.

Last edited:

solus

considering this is olde news as it occurred mid Jan 2014, nice of you to do your homework g21...cause the information stated in your self serving article do not reflect the facts... geesh!!

in the original new report there is no mention of CC' but rather...

the individual who shot the bad guy exited the building the same time the bad guy entered

the 'good' guy went around the back and burst through the back door and shot and killed the bad guy

i sorry did the 'good' guy get his trusty firearm from his vehicle's glovebox, then re-enter the building? hummmm?

http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2014/01/16/one-killed-in-attempted-robbery-in-orrville/

G21, just thought i would pull the pin and throw it back at you...^_^

ipse

Last edited:

Primus

"I'll just drop this right here".... that's exactly what my dog thinks when he does his business in the house. Similar results....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

g21sfpistol

Banned
considering this is olde news as it occurred mid Jan 2014, nice of you to do your homework g21...cause the information stated in your self serving article do not reflect the facts... geesh!!

in the original new report there is no mention of CC' but rather...

the individual who shot the bad guy exited the building the same time the bad guy entered

the 'good' guy went around the back and burst through the back door and shot and killed the bad guy

i sorry did the 'good' guy get his trusty firearm from his vehicle's glovebox, then re-enter the building? hummmm?

http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2014/01/16/one-killed-in-attempted-robbery-in-orrville/

G21, just thought i would pull the pin and throw it back at you...^_^

ipse

since you can't read the title heres one with a video

g21sfpistol

Banned
Like all CCers he planned it just so he could "ambush" a bad guy...:rolleyes:

How is it that these incidents NEVER happen to those who OC? Either OC prevents them or Gasp as above they lay in wait for the bad guy.

again you can't prove OC prevents crime. yes I'm sure he was planning to kill someone that day.

g21sfpistol

Banned
"I'll just drop this right here".... that's exactly what my dog thinks when he does his business in the house. Similar results....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

did you come up with that all on your own?:banana:

WalkingWolf

again you can't prove OC prevents crime. yes I'm sure he was planning to kill someone that day.

Can you prove that OC does not? Do you have any incidents that OC encouraged a crime. Do you have any incidents of simular incidents to the one you stated in OC?

Didn't think so~~~:lol::lol::lol:

Even though you changed details to support your unsupported dumb biases. Lack of crime against OC is enough for intelligent people.

Last edited:

solus

g21...i cant read...let me reiterate:

there was nothing in the original mid jan news article about CC!

the good guy left the building and returned through the back door...did he grab his firearm as he passed his vehicle or have it on him is UNKNOWN! I am going w/a minimal leap of faith, it was in his vehicle!

that some fool decided to take liberties with the news story twisting it to their own end, so savants will jump up and down pointing to the bastardized article to prove some warped concept is not of my concern...

me thinks you are texting from 307!!

ipse

g21sfpistol

Banned
Can you prove that OC does not? Do you have any incidents that OC encouraged a crime. Do you have any incidents of simular incidents to the one you stated in OC?

Didn't think so~~~:lol::lol::lol:

Even though you changed details to support your unsupported dumb biases. Lack of crime against OC is enough for intelligent people.

show me a statistic. i can't show you one because there is no proof that OC prevents crime. on top of that not many people who carry guns OC in public. most CC. even people on here CC from time to time. so the chances of a CCer encountering a bad guy is far greater then any OCer. i find it funny that your tactic is "I'm showing everyone my gun so I'm good." yet people shoot UNIFORMED ARMED police all the time. they have dash cams and a radio to call for back up. what makes you think they wouldn't shoot you? a civilian, in plain clothes, to accomplish their goals?

g21sfpistol

Banned
For example...

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

FUQ-"The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave."

i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.

g21sfpistol

Banned
g21...i cant read...let me reiterate:

there was nothing in the original mid jan news article about CC!

the good guy left the building and returned through the back door...did he grab his firearm as he passed his vehicle or have it on him is UNKNOWN! I am going w/a minimal leap of faith, it was in his vehicle!

that some fool decided to take liberties with the news story twisting it to their own end, so savants will jump up and down pointing to the bastardized article to prove some warped concept is not of my concern...

me thinks you are texting from 307!!

ipse

that would be considered CCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.