• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkingWolf

i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.

Carrying a gun has never been about providing for society. It is about personal safety, the right to self defense. Not to be a wannabe cop, or fulfilling some fantasy of killing another person.

sudden valley gunner

or like i have said. OCers pass the problem on to someone else like a pregnant mother and her children. shows how much you care.

Utter nonsense. The OC'er in Richmond Virginia shot the bad guy, the OC'er in Delaware shot the bad guys. The OC'ers in Georgia prevented a crime from happening and the cops arrested them.

All your arguments are fear based arguments.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

i like this argument. first I'm glad he stopped a crime. more CCers have stopped way more crime than any OCer though. so like i have stated before, CCers provide more for society than OCers do because if your tactic does work you just push the problem on to someone else. and its prof you are selfish and care for no one but yourself. "well I'm good but F everyone else" i will repeat myself as i have on here a million times because you guys only argue what you know you can argue. CC laws help EVERYONE. try to rob the person who's not armed. not knowing is a deterrence itself. what will be your excuse when a bad guy decides to use the OC law to his advantage? was it on here i read that a OCing isn't RSA to stop and question someone? perfect. you can murder/rape someone and when the cops stop you for OCing the case will be thrown out because its against the law to stop someone for OCing.

Utter hogwash, making up intent where there is none. :rolleyes:

No OC'er I know wishes the harm upon someone else, these two had no idea they stopped a robbery until after, so it was not their intent to have people robbed after them, intellectual dishonest argument.

WalkingWolf

Utter nonsense. The OC'er in Richmond Virginia shot the bad guy, the OC'er in Delaware shot the bad guys. The OC'ers in Georgia prevented a crime from happening and the cops arrested them.

I disagree, they are clearly hate based. There is a clear level of hate, much like the level of hate that spews from that idiot(Runaway Yeager)'s mouth. Sometimes I wonder where such hatred comes from, but then I remember I don't care, not my problem.

sudden valley gunner

show me a statistic. i can't show you one because there is no proof that OC prevents crime. on top of that not many people who carry guns OC in public. most CC. even people on here CC from time to time. so the chances of a CCer encountering a bad guy is far greater then any OCer. i find it funny that your tactic is "I'm showing everyone my gun so I'm good." yet people shoot UNIFORMED ARMED police all the time. they have dash cams and a radio to call for back up. what makes you think they wouldn't shoot you? a civilian, in plain clothes, to accomplish their goals?

FBI study shows that cop killers are a very specific subset of crooks.

No one here is anti CC, you are the anti OC and grasp at improbable lies and myths and unsubstantiated claims to prove your point.

Funny thing is you post this after I post an example of where it did stop a crime. (bolded)

Your narrow minded religious zealot like adherence to your belief of CC is better has been duly noted and is laughable.

g21sfpistol

Banned
Carrying a gun has never been about providing for society. It is about personal safety, the right to self defense. Not to be a wannabe cop, or fulfilling some fantasy of killing another person.

way to break a forum rule and accuse me of wanting to kill people. i don't want to kill anyone. you will have to explain how I'm being a cop. if i was trying to be a cop i would be OCing and writing tickets. you obviously don't get the point I'm making. you are not an asset to society.

sudden valley gunner

I disagree, they are clearly hate based. There is a clear level of hate, much like the level of hate that spews from that idiot(Runaway Yeager)'s mouth. Sometimes I wonder where such hatred comes from, but then I remember I don't care, not my problem.

Good point, although I would ad that it seems bigotry/hate goes hand in hand with fear. Which also seems to go hand in hand with ignorance.

g21sfpistol

Banned

haha. fear based. the numbers game wins. CCers stop way more crimes and put more bad guys in jail which in turn makes society a better place.

g21sfpistol

Banned
FBI study shows that cop killers are a very specific subset of crooks.

No one here is anti CC, you are the anti OC and grasp at improbable lies and myths and unsubstantiated claims to prove your point.

Funny thing is you post this after I post an example of where it did stop a crime. (bolded)

Your narrow minded religious zealot like adherence to your belief of CC is better has been duly noted and is laughable.

im arguing a point just like you are. I'm not 100% against OC. i just don't think its the best way to carry unless its the ONLY way you can carry.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So CC guys get to shoot at people and OC guys don't have to.

Yup. Increasingly evident.

We really should just be glad that the citizen had a gun and justly used it. His manner of carry is irrelevant.

Oh yes, without a doubt.

or like i have said. OCers pass the problem on to someone else like a pregnant mother and her children. shows how much you care.

Right. Because A: CCers always kill their assailants, and B: pregnant mothers aren't able to arm themselves.

:lol:

haha. fear based. the numbers game wins. CCers stop way more crimes and put more bad guys in jail which in turn makes society a better place.

More people CC = more crime is stopped by CC. It does not follow that CCers stop more crimes per capita than do OCers, and of course this is the operative datum.

Primus

Cite?

Not sure I've seen someone "formally" request this of you yet. So here goes.

You stated "the numbers games works. CCers stop way more crimes and put more bad guys in jail".

So now please back up said supposed facts with some sort of cite. We take that kind if thing pretty serious around here. Part of what makes this a great forum.

I'll wait patiently.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OC Freedom

way to break a forum rule and accuse me of wanting to kill people. i don't want to kill anyone. you will have to explain how I'm being a cop. if i was trying to be a cop i would be OCing and writing tickets. you obviously don't get the point I'm making. you are not an asset to society.

G21sfpistol I think you need to read this OC vs CC argument from www.Idahoopencarry.org/oc-vs-cc-argument/

I used to be a CC only guy, but with time and wanting to improve yourself in everyway you can as a person, you will come to realize that your hardline position may need to be reviewed. This is done by conversing with others, reading, thinking on subjects, and asking yourself honestly should I reconsider my beliefs. Do you still believe as you did when you were 5 years old, or 10, or 15, I would hope you do not. We are not your enemy. All of us on this site have come to a conclusion that Open Carry is the preferred way of carrying. So please if you need guidance in the way of Open Carry we are here to help, otherwise I'm sure you can find others to associate with on a CC site that would be happy to have you a member....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
There was a time when the only argument I would have advanced for OC was "normalization of a right". Then, I started to think about it, rather than accepting received "wisdom".

I have since concluded that there are very few arguments in favor of CC which withstand any sort of scrutiny.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I think you've all missed the point of the waffle house story. To wit:

the customers were wearing holstered 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec .45 pistols

They were carrying 1911s. If they had been carrying Glocks the armed robbers wouldn't have hesitated.

Another win for 1911s!

g21sfpistol

Banned
Cite?

Not sure I've seen someone "formally" request this of you yet. So here goes.

You stated "the numbers games works. CCers stop way more crimes and put more bad guys in jail".

So now please back up said supposed facts with some sort of cite. We take that kind if thing pretty serious around here. Part of what makes this a great forum.

I'll wait patiently.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

yet none of you have given any cites on any statements you have made. you want my cites? i would assume that you read or watch anything SD related? the armed citizen section of the NRA magazine, local news stations, and national news stations are my cites. you read them every time you read about a SD shooting. this thread started with a cite and i reposted it with a video.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
yet none of you have given any cites on any statements you have made. you want my cites? i would assume that you read or watch anything SD related? the armed citizen section of the NRA magazine, local news stations, and national news stations are my cites. you read them every time you read about a SD shooting. this thread started with a cite and i reposted it with a video.

Sorry, none of the things you reference contain any statistics regarding the per capita rates of crime-deterrence generated by CCers vs OCers.

You fail.

g21sfpistol

Banned
G21sfpistol I think you need to read this OC vs CC argument from www.Idahoopencarry.org/oc-vs-cc-argument/

I used to be a CC only guy, but with time and wanting to improve yourself in everyway you can as a person, you will come to realize that your hardline position may need to be reviewed. This is done by conversing with others, reading, thinking on subjects, and asking yourself honestly should I reconsider my beliefs. Do you still believe as you did when you were 5 years old, or 10, or 15, I would hope you do not. We are not your enemy. All of us on this site have come to a conclusion that Open Carry is the preferred way of carrying. So please if you need guidance in the way of Open Carry we are here to help, otherwise I'm sure you can find others to associate with on a CC site that would be happy to have you a member....

if all you have done is talk with others and think i advise you take a weapons retention class and see how much situational awareness you really have and how much of a ninja you really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.