Thread: Oh Crap App ... cop says holding phone could get u shot

Banned

Oh Crap App ... cop says holding phone could get u shot

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Oh-Cr...253070091.html

Rehkemper said that file could become valuable evidence if a user wants to fight any charges.

"That initial interaction is documented and is recorded so it's not a matter of what somebody remembers, or he said, she said," said Rehkemper.

After seeing the app for himself, Linn County Sheriff Brian Gardner had some concerns.

The sheriff said during traffic stops, using the program could put approaching officers on edge seeing as they might mistake a phone for a weapon.

Nice to understand that cops cannot tell the difference between a phone and a gun. Phone-gun!

Of course the app could be used when meeting cops for OCing too...it stores the audio elsewhere

Many people have already been shot for holding cell phones. Remember, at the end of the day, an officer has a right to go home to his family.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I prefer the more "aged" designs out there. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1911 Phone.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	11423
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Lol...

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

"If it stops you from being intoxicated and driving, I'm certainly in favor of it. If it tells you how to be intoxicated and drive, and get away with it, there may be some concern there," Gardner said. "It's cute if nothing else."
    Time to get a new sheriff. It seems that the good sheriff either can read, can't understand, or both. Does the app "tell" the user how to drink and drive and then get away with it?

Or, is he peeved that there are 4000+ more Iowans who are now knowing their rights a little better, and cops won't get away with misremembering the events, in their reports, as the events actually occurred?

Hmm...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Many people have already been shot for holding cell phones. Remember, at the end of the day, an officer has a right to go home to his family.
    Not at the cost of innocent lives!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    Not at the cost of innocent lives!
    You didn't get the brief that the men in blue are so much more valuable to society that protecting them at all costs even against innocents is encouraged?

Banned
    Any "good" cop can show you pictures of Iphones with a gun built into them as well as Nerf Guns and Super Soakers that are real guns as well.

DANGER is everywhere, and if they "perceive" a weapon where none exists, that is all that is needed for use of lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff. State View Post
    any "good" cop can show you pictures of iphones with a gun built into them as well as nerf guns and super soakers that are real guns as well.

Danger is everywhere, and if they "perceive" a weapon where none exists, that is all that is needed for use of lethal force.
    qft
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

And never play a video game in the presence of a police officer, we now know that is justification for shooting a teenager in their own home.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Sheriff Gardener is notorious for stupid comments like this. He was also one of the many Sheriffs in Iowa that opposed shall issue and still opposes Constitutional carry. He gots to go.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.