Thread: are there ANY cops with enough courage to say enough is enough ?

are there ANY cops with enough courage to say enough is enough ?

Last edited by onus; 03-31-2014 at 09:49 PM.

No, never and you know why? Orders come from the top.

?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Shooting college kids? As American as apple pie? Some think so.

The Big Easy goes through that just about every Friday night and NOPD don't get that uppity.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Seems the police are escalating the situation, like usual.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Does anybody know what the student was arrested for? The only thing that appears on the video is his mocking them, that is not against the law. Hopefully his college tuition will be paid for many years to come.

The police officers of today really need to get a grip on what is a crime and what is not. Making fun of police though may be irritating is not a crime. Sooner or later this will backfire, these are the future leaders that they are screwing with.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Does anybody know what the student was arrested for? The only thing that appears on the video is his mocking them, that is not against the law. Hopefully his college tuition will be paid for many years to come.

The police officers of today really need to get a grip on what is a crime and what is not. Making fun of police though may be irritating is not a crime. Sooner or later this will backfire, these are the future leaders that they are screwing with.
    I was trying o figure out the answer to this question also. I found an article on , on I think, MSN last night that said there was a small Molotov cocktail thrown by someone else from right behind him. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Also, MSN was reporting there was a man with an AK seen and that's why they dispersed the crowd with gas.

I'll look in a minute and see if I can find it.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Ah, the much-needed daily dose of heroism. It's been awhile since I've seen courage like that demonstrated by those officers in riot gear who bravely rushed that dangerous scrote for having the audacity to disrespect them on their street.

Thanks for that.

The citizen is recorded as having empty hands, separate from the throng. A report of a AK "seen", and a MOLOTOV being thrown, maybe, and not seen in the video of the citizen being assaulted, justifies that citizen, with empty hands, being assaulted. There is video of he displaying the injuries he sustained as a result of the assault by several cops on his person. It is reported that the citizen was released immediately which enabled he to have his injuries from the assault recorded.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A report of a AK "seen", and a MOLOTOV being thrown, maybe, and not seen in the video of the citizen being assaulted, justifies that citizen, with empty hands, being assaulted.
    Just because you can, doesn't meed you need to, or even that you should.

The citizen is recorded as having empty hands, separate from the throng. A report of a AK "seen", and a MOLOTOV being thrown, maybe, and not seen in the video of the citizen being assaulted, justifies that citizen, with empty hands, being assaulted. There is video of he displaying the injuries he sustained as a result of the assault by several cops on his person. It is reported that the citizen was released immediately which enabled he to have his injuries from the assault recorded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TDmy8t4FXM

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Just because you can, doesn't meed you need to, or even that you should.
    Yepper.

One cop got a good shot to the citizen's head before he was taken to the ground.

Banned
    Yepper.

One cop got a good shot to the citizen's head before he was taken to the ground.
    Just part of the college experience. Losing to Wisconsin? Hahaha.

Its wrong and funny.

At about the :59 second mark you can hear and see an officer shooting indiscriminately into the crowd with his paint/pepper ball gun. At least the higher ups had enough foresight to deploy their shock troops with less than lethal weapons.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    At about the :59 second mark you can hear and see an officer shooting indiscriminately into the crowd with his paint/pepper ball gun. At least the higher ups had enough foresight to deploy their shock troops with less than lethal weapons.
    Good point. In NYC it would be standard operating procedure to shoot lead projectiles indiscriminately into the nearest crowd in retaliation for the egregious offense of "contempt of cop".

Kind of like, "so from now on, when Private Pyle ****s up, I will not punish him. I will punish ALL OF YOU!!!"
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Banned
    Then there is this...................

Innocent girl gets taken down by Tucson Police Officer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Kv9R7b3A
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 04-01-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I was trying o figure out the answer to this question also. I found an article on , on I think, MSN last night that said there was a small Molotov cocktail thrown by someone else from right behind him. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Also, MSN was reporting there was a man with an AK seen and that's why they dispersed the crowd with gas.

I'll look in a minute and see if I can find it.

So?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Then there is this...................

Innocent girl gets taken down by Tucson Police Officer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Kv9R7b3A
    haha, that's awesome.

I like the part where the good cops come over and arrest the bad cop for felony assault.

Cop bashing

Cop bashing
    Lol I see what you did there....

Last edited by Primus; 04-01-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Cop bashing
    technically its "policia" bashing.