• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC with IWB holster?

DaveT319

Anyone do this? I'm getting an Alien Gear holster for times when I choose to CC, and am thinking about using it to OC as well by tucking my shirt in behind it.

z28power

Plenty of people do it, I have done it a couple of times. The only downside to it is that, IMO, sometimes it is more conspicuous than OWB holster OCing. People see just the butt of the gun coming out from your waistband and they think you are accidentally failing at CCing or trying to be sneaky.

I prefer OCing my full sized handgun simply bc of the additional capacity and comfort of not being IWB. I see your point though, of course.

OC for ME

If there is a clear definition of what is "concealed means concealed" in your state's laws, then any portion of the gun visible to the casual observer is considered OC. If the definition is not there, or vague, then IWB could be considered CC and thus may open you up to legal trouble if you do not have a CC permit. Of course, OC must not be unlawful.

I think this subject, what is CC, was discussed here on OCDO some many moons ago.....a little indian lingo there.

z28power

If there is a clear definition of what is "concealed means concealed" in your state's laws, then any portion of the gun visible to the casual observer is considered OC. If the definition is not there, or vague, then IWB could be considered CC and thus may open you up to legal trouble if you do not have a CC permit. Of course, OC must not be unlawful.

I think this subject, what is CC, was discussed here on OCDO some many moons ago.....a little indian lingo there.

Good clarification, I forgot I wasn't in the Nevada forum for a moment so you obviously need to ensure what is the legal definition of CC versus OC in Oregon, as well as laws pertaining to OC. :)

Last edited:

SD40VE

Good clarification, I forgot I wasn't in the Nevada forum for a moment so you obviously need to ensure what is the legal definition of CC versus OC in Oregon, as well as laws pertaining to OC. :)

if hes in michigan and has a CPL he will be fine. if hes getting it to conceal carry. he should have a cpl. as long as he does he can oc with it and be fine even if its not casually observable