Thread: I got it, I got it, I ain't got it -- dude loses permit - 1st one revoked in IL

Banned

I got it, I got it, I ain't got it -- dude loses permit - 1st one revoked in IL

O'Connell was allegedly involved in a dispute over rent money with a 52-year-old man. Police say O'Connell pointed a handgun and threatened to shoot the man.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz2xcIoVJLM
    Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

The bar for what can and cannot get your Rights taken away gets lower and lower every year... too bad they were taken away upon creation of a permit system first.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 04-01-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Banned
    I guess someone had to be first -- shows the folly of permits v. constitutional carry (that we all have anyway w/o need for any law)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I guess someone had to be first -- shows the folly of permits v. constitutional carry (that we all have anyway w/o need for any law)
    Shows the folly in armed robbery, threats to commit crime and/or assault with deadly weapon

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I still want to know what happen did his renter threaten him. Did he have reason to draw and point his weapon.

I do not trust the reporting to get it right.

Just because your charged doesn't mean you committed a crime lets not jump on him to soon.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I still want to know what happen did his renter threaten him. Did he have reason to draw and point his weapon.

Just because your charged doesn't mean you committed a crime lets not jump on him to soon.
    I agree. That wasn't meant as a condemnation of the guy in question. Just going with the initial report that was cited in the OP.

Hopefully it is all justified and it works out for him. But if the story is accurate then I can't see the problem with it getting yanked.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I agree. That wasn't meant as a condemnation of the guy in question. Just going with the initial report that was cited in the OP.

Hopefully it is all justified and it works out for him. But if the story is accurate then I can't see the problem with it getting yanked.

True but how many times have we seen head lines that are totally misleading.

OPEN CARRIER ARRESTED FOR WALKING DOWN THE STREET

An open carrier was arrested for walking down the street today and was released on bond.

Remember this is one of the most anti gun areas in the country. And there are many there who well and are trying to but a bad light on any thing having to do with guns.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

As with all news stories, they don't provide all the information. I'm sure we'll hear of the final outcome.

Of course the news will publicize one person pointing a handgun in the affluent Illinois suburbs, but somehow forget to report the 500 homicides a year in Chicago committed by "non permit holders".
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Since he was on his own property no license was required in the first place. If he acted unlawfully, did he have a license for that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    Of course the news will publicize one person pointing a handgun in the affluent Illinois suburbs, but somehow forget to report the 500 homicides a year in Chicago committed by "non permit holders".
    The news is only an hour long .. if they were to report every murder that's all the news would be!