• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun group does not like our rallies - says to stop them

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.captainsjournal.com/2014...tom-king-laments-rhetoric-at-pro-gun-rallies/

In my “Albany Insider” column today, I wrote how Tom King, the head of the state Rifle & Pistol Association, was critical of the increasingly angry and inflammatory rhetoric at pro-gun rallies. King said he fears that the ugliness that has popped up at the rallies is actually hurting the pro-gun cause. He also said it’s time to stop the rallies, arguing that they won’t result in a repeal of the SAFE Act. He wants to instead focus on trying to get the law struck down in the court …

Sounds like a British subject in 1775. Placing so much faith in the king but none with his subjects.

I think we need more "ugliness" to show that a society that wants to limit violence by infringing of rights may lead to the opposite result.

I called the organization and they are backpedaling on the information provided in the link above.

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc.

90 S. Swan Street, Ste. 395

Albany, New York 12210

Phone: 518-272-2654

Fax: 518-274-4972

E-mail: info@nysrpa.org

Last edited by a moderator:

sudden valley gunner

He wants to curtail free speech too? Didn't his group get some special "free speech" exemption in the last few years.........well isn't that special.