Thread: Judge Scullin declares DC prohibition on carrying firearms null and void

Judge Scullin declares DC prohibition on carrying firearms null and void

Breaking News

"Today Senior Judge Scullin ruled that the Districts complete ban on bearing arms to be null and void. In the long awaited Federal District Court decision on Palmer vs. DIstrict of Columbia the ruling stated that the incorporation of the right to keep and bear arms under the Heller vs. DC precluded the District from extinguishing the right to carry functional firearms in the District of Columbia."

1 April 2014 Wishful Thinking News

Happy April Fools Day -

If you think Scullin will ever take the time to rule on a fundamental right when he has the important business of bladder device liability to decide, then you obviously don't understand the federal injustice system. He has let a motion to expedite linger for more than half a year without even ruling on the motion.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-01-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Oversize font
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Someone have this guy's phone number to call?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Someone have this guy's phone number to call?
    He is a senior judge. He gets to move at his own pace. If you wish to complain you should call the Chief Justice of the Federal District Court for DC.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    He is a senior judge. He gets to move at his own pace. If you wish to complain you should call the Chief Justice of the Federal District Court for DC.
    No, they love getting calls from citizens....love love love

Is this more important than the fact that space ships from Mars are attacking New Jersey?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Is this more important than the fact that space ships from Mars are attacking New Jersey?
    Of course. NJ is marginally less important than DC. Ask anyone, nobody likes NJ, even folks who live in NJ.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare