Thread: Carrying while playing sports

Carrying while playing sports

Talk to me about playing sports while carrying a handgun, whether openly or concealed. Which sports are okay for carrying and which are not? Some are easy to assess, like golf would be fine but not hockey. But what about tennis or racquetball? Do any of you play a sport in any adult league of any kind? Do you leave your gun in the car or in your gym locker? Do you conceal instead of open carry? Does carrying a gun have a place in contact sports, or is it a really bad idea? How about a small gun?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.
    Open means open...

bumparoo

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.
    Open means open...

I CCW as a long distance bicyclist. OC defeats the purpose of spandex. I use a chest pack by Action Direct, have since about 1996.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I carried for over 35 years, Wearing while playing contact sports is asking to get hurt. Falling on a hard object is very pain full.

I carry biking running and non contact like baseball. Now days I don't do ball sports to much chance of injury for a older guy.

I have a no longer made small of the back pack model is called a Gee Bee by camel bak very secure and comfortable . But not very fast on the draw when running and biking.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

It sounds like you are asking for the rules of carrying while playing sports. It should come down to common sense...I do not disarm with the non contact sports I've done; biking, bowling or playing kickball. I'm too old to play tackle football but would most certainly disarm for that.

I carry while watching sports on TV at the bar, does that count?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I carry while watching March Madness
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I carry while watching sports on TV at the bar, does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    I carry while watching March Madness
    I once tried carrying while doing parkour.... for the next two weeks I had a very distinct bruise that resembled a 1911 spur hammer and beavertail.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    for the next two weeks I had a very distinct bruise that resembled a 1911 spur hammer and beavertail.

I want one!

^ Nice! LOL

I nearly did the same while unstrapping my car from the trailer and rolled over onto my strong side. I'll just lock it up in the glove box next time
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Waddaya mean you should not carry while playing hockey? The whole purpose of the game seems to be that a deranged pack of psychopaths armed with cudgels and sharp blades chase you around an enclosed area, trying to hit you with said cudgels, slash you with said blades, or engage you in something resembling fisticuffs that usually result in the loss of body parts.

Given the amount of padding hockey players wear I would suggest nothing less than .357 Magnum, and preferably either hard cast .44 Magnum or .50 S&W.

Sports are one of the few times that I will suggest that at least Level II retention be condidered.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Obviously a baseball/softball catcher carries legally. Can even shoot people, since they are protecting their home.

/sarcasm

Any team/contact sport there's really no good way to carry, imo.

For tennis, put it in your bag on the court if you don't want to leave it in your vehicle. If you're thinking you'll be shot on the court, it's probably because you're committing a crime of fashion there, Andre. :P

I think carrying would come in handy with football, just have them give you the ball and see how many people are willing to try and stop an armed man. Lol.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

Well, since few took my post very seriously, I might as well throw in the towel and join in the fun: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...203824191.html

Open means open...