• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying while playing sports

independence

Talk to me about playing sports while carrying a handgun, whether openly or concealed. Which sports are okay for carrying and which are not? Some are easy to assess, like golf would be fine but not hockey. But what about tennis or racquetball? Do any of you play a sport in any adult league of any kind? Do you leave your gun in the car or in your gym locker? Do you conceal instead of open carry? Does carrying a gun have a place in contact sports, or is it a really bad idea? How about a small gun?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

independence

bumparoo

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I carried for over 35 years, Wearing while playing contact sports is asking to get hurt. Falling on a hard object is very pain full.

I carry biking running and non contact like baseball. Now days I don't do ball sports to much chance of injury for a older guy.

I have a no longer made small of the back pack model is called a Gee Bee by camel bak very secure and comfortable . But not very fast on the draw when running and biking.

markush

It sounds like you are asking for the rules of carrying while playing sports. It should come down to common sense...I do not disarm with the non contact sports I've done; biking, bowling or playing kickball. I'm too old to play tackle football but would most certainly disarm for that.

Sir Diealotz

^ Nice! LOL

I nearly did the same while unstrapping my car from the trailer and rolled over onto my strong side. I'll just lock it up in the glove box next time :p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Waddaya mean you should not carry while playing hockey? The whole purpose of the game seems to be that a deranged pack of psychopaths armed with cudgels and sharp blades chase you around an enclosed area, trying to hit you with said cudgels, slash you with said blades, or engage you in something resembling fisticuffs that usually result in the loss of body parts.

Given the amount of padding hockey players wear I would suggest nothing less than .357 Magnum, and preferably either hard cast .44 Magnum or .50 S&W.

Sports are one of the few times that I will suggest that at least Level II retention be condidered.

stay safe.

mikeyb

Obviously a baseball/softball catcher carries legally. Can even shoot people, since they are protecting their home.

/sarcasm

Any team/contact sport there's really no good way to carry, imo.

For tennis, put it in your bag on the court if you don't want to leave it in your vehicle. If you're thinking you'll be shot on the court, it's probably because you're committing a crime of fashion there, Andre. :p

7om5hipp

I think carrying would come in handy with football, just have them give you the ball and see how many people are willing to try and stop an armed man. Lol.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk