• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owner wants to oc but....

Law abider

I was OCing at the local grocery store in Prescott and was approached by a guy who, without introducing himself, asked me if I had been harassed by cops. I said no. I went on to say that I OC in Hudson, Ellsworth also and thus far have never been harassed. He seemed hesitant to OC. Our conversation turned to the cops we know in town. I asked him if he knew the chief, and he said yes. He then went on to tell me that he own a Glock 40cal and that he was going to apply for a CCL. He finally gave me his name. If someone says he or she know the chief, I ask him if he knows so and so. And he did and then I realized why this dude was hesitant in OCing. This dude has lived all his life in Prescott and has been arrested on numerous occasions because of over consumption of alcohol resulting in DC and DOP issues.
So now this dude wants to get a CCL and perhaps OC? He has a mountain to overcome I think. He wants to get together and go plinking. After his history, I don't think so.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Most likely a good choice to stay away from.

I had a lot names dropped over the years on the job. Oh so and so a good friend of mine then I would get around to asking how to you know them.

A lot of time they were known by the officer because of a citation or an arrest.

I even had one person drop my name and tell me he was a good friend. I guess he didn't read my name tag

Law abider

Most likely a good choice to stay away from.

I had a lot names dropped over the years on the job. Oh so and so a good friend of mine then I would get around to asking how to you know them.

A lot of time they were known by the officer because of a citation or an arrest.

I even had one person drop my name and tell me he was a good friend. I guess he didn't read my name tag

You got it Firearms.