• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Renewal, Pacific

decklin

Well it seems that Pacific Police Department wants to play games.
I filed for my CPL renewal on March 4th. I called them today and spoke with a woman named Samantha to find out the status of my renewal. She told me it was still processing but I was fine because my CPL is good until the 27th and I would have it by then.:banghead:
I said, "But the law says you have thirty days to issue my renewal."
Immediately she gets pissy saying, "I'm not going to argue with you. It'll take as long as it takes. We can't issue to you until we get all the background checks back and if it's backed up then there's nothing we can do. If you went through King County it would take 90 days."

This is the same station that tried to tell me you can only renew 60 days out because they changed the law. Also the same station that while I was there to do the application one of the cops took an interest in me (OC) and came out and began asking all kinds of questions. "How long have you lived in Pacific? How long in the state? Is this an original?"
Told him it was on the application. They also would only take exact change which was a pain.

OC Freedom

When I lived in spokane county before moving to Idaho, I renewed my permit at the spokane sheriffs dept. and I recieved my renewal before I left the building. I was suprised, but the gal at the window said if we find a reason for a denial will send you a letter.

griz_64

Last time I renewed mine down here in Lewis county I walked out within 20 mins with my new permit

decklin

Well today was day thirty. Checked the mail and nothing. Guess I'll be making some phone calls tomorrow.

mtlhdtodd

Well it seems that Pacific Police Department wants to play games.
I filed for my CPL renewal on March 4th. I called them today and spoke with a woman named Samantha to find out the status of my renewal. She told me it was still processing but I was fine because my CPL is good until the 27th and I would have it by then.:banghead:
I said, "But the law says you have thirty days to issue my renewal."
Immediately she gets pissy saying, "I'm not going to argue with you. It'll take as long as it takes. We can't issue to you until we get all the background checks back and if it's backed up then there's nothing we can do. If you went through King County it would take 90 days."

This is the same station that tried to tell me you can only renew 60 days out because they changed the law. Also the same station that while I was there to do the application one of the cops took an interest in me (OC) and came out and began asking all kinds of questions. "How long have you lived in Pacific? How long in the state? Is this an original?"
Told him it was on the application. They also would only take exact change which was a pain.

The only thing backed up is their brain. I renewed mine and I had to start over because I had a mental fart and let it lapse for over a year. I went to the Fed Way cop shop on Mar 6 and had my permit in my hands from the mail in 7 days.

decklin

Situation Resolved, Sort of

So on Thursday I wrote an email to the Washington State Attorney General's Office asking if his staff could make a call to the Pacific PD or something. I explained I was over the 30 day mark and my wife had already sent in her CPL renewal. I stated basically that soon my wife would be without the means to defend herself. She typically cc's.
Checked the mail today and what do you know? Both of our CPLs are in the same envelope.
So that's an 11 day turnaround for my wife and a 34 day turn around for me.
I say the situation is resolved sort of because I'm assuming there was no penalty for the Chief of Police for his blatant disregard for the law he is sworn to uphold.