• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonder why taxes are so high--$$ they throw at people astounds

sudden valley gunner

Sure. You can use the "info" he gave you to make all the conclusions you want.

But to make conclusions and then to earn the right to criticize are far different things. He earned his right to criticize (I assume). Criticizing from a third party source is just dumb.

He can at least say "you did battle drill 1a messes up this is how its done".

You can say "I heard you guys jacked that up... so I had to Google it find out what it was you jacked up"

Tracking?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Utter hogwash, your service to the government can be criticized by anyone and by what ever reason and info they got. There is no "right" earned.

Yet who said anything about criticizing or conclusions anyway?, your immediate jump to that conclusion again tells me more about you. W

Why so sensitive? I am tracking that you are uncomfortable with what my cousin may have said about you.

Freedom1Man

Ok.... do you have a cite then?

You have to cite that it was not at this point.

I saw the National Guard deployed in Korea while I was stationed there. Since the government has declared the NG to be the 'state militia' and since the purpose of the militia is defensive in nature, it cannot leave our soil.

http://www.arng.army.mil/aboutus/history/Pages/ConstitutionalCharteroftheGuard.aspx

All of that listed is talking about the militia, so even the NG calls itself the militia. However since it is not acting in the limited manor of the militia it can only be understood that its been federalized.

But since you're a special window licking helmet wearing individual I will give you a quote.

http://ong.ohio.gov/core_competencies/purpose.html
“To serve the Citizens of Ohio and America by fulfilling our state and federal military role of providing public safety when ordered by the Governor or support of the National Military Strategy when ordered by the President.”

Primus

Utter hogwash, your service to the government can be criticized by anyone and by what ever reason and info they got. There is no "right" earned.

Yet who said anything about criticizing or conclusions anyway?, your immediate jump to that conclusion again tells me more about you. W

Why so sensitive? I am tracking that you are uncomfortable with what my cousin may have said about you.

You missed the point. By about 100ft.

You can criticize the military all you want.

My point was its tough to criticize something you DONT know.

I summed it up pretty perfect with with my BD 1a comment. He would know what that is and how to do it. I presume you don't. Therefore you physically CANT criticize something you don't know/understand/ have never done.

I guess you could try. But it doesn't look good.

Don't play words games. You weren't implying he had anything good to say. I have deployed with NG and Active guys. I've heard the comments and stories from both sides. It doesn't bother me the least. Its no different then if a fellow service member makes fun of another brother/sister. Its part of the family.

Primus

You have to cite that it was not at this point.

I saw the National Guard deployed in Korea while I was stationed there. Since the government has declared the NG to be the 'state militia' and since the purpose of the militia is defensive in nature, it cannot leave our soil.

http://www.arng.army.mil/aboutus/history/Pages/ConstitutionalCharteroftheGuard.aspx

All of that listed is talking about the militia, so even the NG calls itself the militia. However since it is not acting in the limited manor of the militia it can only be understood that its been federalized.

But since you're a special window licking helmet wearing individual I will give you a quote.

Thank you for providing the cite.

You read where it says OR federal?

I'll try again..... paid by the state..... reports to the governor..... responds to STATE emergencies.......

They CAN be activated for a federal mission. Sure, when they are activated in a federal mission overseas I agree they would be "federalized".

But when they come back home they are back to being a state militia until called upon. State money.... state training..... state benefits.... state COMMAND.....

OC for ME

Feds pay for the Guard to a significant degree every budget year.

http://www.arng.army.mil/SiteCollec...ets/ARNG_Factsheet_May_06 ARNG fact Sheet.pdf

The school board approved the pay. If folks don't like it then the citizens affected must elect board members who will not pay other than for services rendered. The contractual obligation is what it is, the district must pay, or pay more as a result of a civil suit.

I have no problem with adhering to contractual obligations even though I disagree with the terms of the contract.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Nope, those have been federalized....

Yes and No

? What.....How do you figure? Seeing as how they still directly report to the governor first. And seeing as how its state budget that pays to train us. Oh and state money when we get activated. State money that buys equipment. Unless your activated for a federal mission. Then your title 10 orders come from fed money.

Truth!

If the NG was not federalized it could never have units sent out side the borders of the 50 states of the union.

This is Truth. With the caveat that in order to do that they must be activated by POTUS. When activated federally, they shift from title 32 (NG for the Gov) to title 10 (NG for the Feds) Duel service... BUT not at the same time.

Case in point....the Arkansas NG was sent to a school in Little Rock to prevent a little black girl from attending the school. The same Troops were activated Federally, leaving the service of the gov. They turned around and protected the same little girls entrance to the school. Duel service, but not at the same time.

sudden valley gunner

You missed the point. By about 100ft.

You can criticize the military all you want.

My point was its tough to criticize something you DONT know.

I summed it up pretty perfect with with my BD 1a comment. He would know what that is and how to do it. I presume you don't. Therefore you physically CANT criticize something you don't know/understand/ have never done.

I guess you could try. But it doesn't look good.

Don't play words games. You weren't implying he had anything good to say. I have deployed with NG and Active guys. I've heard the comments and stories from both sides. It doesn't bother me the least. Its no different then if a fellow service member makes fun of another brother/sister. Its part of the family.

No, I didn't miss your point, I am calling bullshite on it. Your sidestepping and misdirection is duly noted. I have never been or know what it's like to be president I can and will exercise my right to criticize it. If my friend was vice president I can and will use the info he imparts to me in my criticizing.

Yet you missed the point because never did I criticize anything, your ears burning?