• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Tag Agent Office

okiephlyer

IANAL - My understanding is this - they are a private business, contracted to the state. Therefore, no statutory prohibition.
In my personal experience I have visited one tag office many times, OC every time since 11-1-2012, and no one has said anything.

hrdware

IANAL - My understanding is this - they are a private business, contracted to the state. Therefore, no statutory prohibition.
In my personal experience I have visited one tag office many times, OC every time since 11-1-2012, and no one has said anything.

Agreed

glock22oc

I also agree. I have OC in the tag office many times. I have also seen the lady that owns the tag office packin in there too. So, I would guess that if carry was not allowed in a tag office, she wouldn't be packin either. Just my 2 cents...

Gary S

All tag agencies I have visited have all been posted. Also I am under the impression that it is still considered a government entity. I will see about digging into that further to get an answer for sure.

OKOCA Board Member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy P

Oklahoma tag agencies are not owned by the state or considered a branch office etc etc. Not all tag agencies are posted, it is up to each of them as a business to decide if they want to post a sign. Many are under an incorrect premise, just like liquor stores. I have a relative who owns a tag office, so I have learned this.

Jayne&Vera

Frankly isn't every business a pseudo-agency of the government because they collect taxes at least, sell stamps etc? My understanding is its a franchise type set up, not actually a government office.
I can't remember Collinsville, haven't been in Owasso, I know that the Admiral agency says NO (consider the neighborhood)... but then on the other hand there's on Garnet N. of 21st I've been into several times and they hardly blink & there is not a sign.

okiephlyer

All tag agencies I have visited have all been posted. Also I am under the impression that it is still considered a government entity. I will see about digging into that further to get an answer for sure.

OKOCA Board Member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary,
You go to the wrong tag office. Try Forrest Ridge tag office, 71st and 257th E Ave. Biggest crowd I have ever seen there in 12 years has been 3 people.
al

Glock 1st fan

Tag agencies are privately owned and not owned or leased by the state. I personally have been in several tag agencies where they allow firearms and have only saw one to date that was posted in the Tulsa area though I am sure there are a few more.

the law states as follows:

It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following places:

1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

Located on page 23 of the SDA

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

Frankly isn't every business a pseudo-agency of the government because they collect taxes at least, sell stamps etc? My understanding is its a franchise type set up, not actually a government office.
I can't remember Collinsville, haven't been in Owasso, I know that the Admiral agency says NO (consider the neighborhood)... but then on the other hand there's on Garnet N. of 21st I've been into several times and they hardly blink & there is not a sign.

They are neither owned nor leased by the state