• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 447 Passed

showme53

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/sb447/

On the Kansas web site it is showing it passed, this means Kansas is preempted and localities can not make their own law of open carry?

SB 447, AN ACT concerning weapons; relating to the regulation and possession of firearms and knives; amending K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 12-16,124, 12-16,134, 12-4516, 12-4516a, 21-6301, 21-6304, 22-2512, 32-1047, 75-7c04 and 75-7c20 and repealing the existing sections; also repealing K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 21-6307 and 75-7c12, was considered on final action.
On roll call, the vote was: Yeas 34; Nays 2; Present and Passing 4; Absent or Not Voting 0.
Yeas: Abrams, Apple, Arpke, Bowers, Bruce, Denning, Donovan, Fitzgerald, Haley, Hensley, Holmes, Kelly, Kerschen, King, Knox, LaTurner, Longbine, Love, Lynn, Masterson, McGinn, Melcher, O'Donnell, Olson, Ostmeyer, Petersen, Pilcher-Cook, Powell, Pyle, V. Schmidt, Shultz, Smith, Tyson, Wagle.
Nays: Faust-Goudeau, Pettey.
Present and Passing: Francisco, Hawk, Holland, Wolf.
The bill passed.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kansas Senate is expected to consider Senate Bill 447. If passed and enacted into law, SB 447 would expand Kansas’ firearms preemption provisions to open carry and prohibit municipalities from implementing local ordinances relating to the transportation of firearms. Whether you choose to carry concealed, open carry or carry a knife for self-defense, SB 447 would eliminate the complex patchwork of gun laws that arise from local regulations.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...ider-comprehensive-pro-gun-bill-tomorrow.aspx

Super6O

I am glad to see this. I did not face the issues of some of my fellow kansans, but this makes me proud.

Next few years will be the march towards constitutional carry in KS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior