• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

who makes the Marines look bad -- this guy -think the military protects constitution?

OC for ME

No. I am an out of the closet racist, bigot, prejudiced, homophobe, et cetera ad nauseam, regarding them as certificates of accomplishment from the school of hard knocks. More is learned by the accusation than the predicate.
Deeds speak volumes.....words are but a whisper.;)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
its a contest of brute force. The union existed before the desire of the south to secede over the issue of slavery. Therefore, the union included the south. The south said "no" to laws enacted and rebelled, attacking the north. Then the south was crushed. The south surrendered, war ended and 170 years later you pretend it was under different circumstances.

"Might makes right" isn't a justification.

Gallowmere

to the victor goes the spoils.
I'll just leave this here.

"Might doesn't make right ladies and gentlemen. It just makes right now. What we are saying to the rest of the world, is one day when America grows weak, one day when her legions falter, on the day when her economy crumbles: China, Russia, Europe, whatever power has arisen, all you have to do is come here and conquer us in a few military excursions, and then you too can set up shop here. And in 100 years you can tell every red-blooded American, "No, you are an illegal human being. I am the true citizen. I have all the rights. You have no rights.""
~~~~Felipe Andres Coronel

sudden valley gunner

He still hasn't cited? Thought so the cites don't exist, as Marshaul pointed out even the ardent big government, jingoistic, Lincolnphile, historians can't cite his claims.

wimwag

Still no cite?

When you drive past a flagpole, look and see which one is on top.

Here's your cite.

re2ype3a

Gallowmere

When you drive past a flagpole, look and see which one is on top.

Here's your cite.

re2ype3a

“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

I would say that the victors are usually in the best position to agree...something about not being dead.

wimwag

“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

I would say that the victors are usually in the best position to agree...something about not being dead.

But they are lies told by the winner and dead me tell no tales. It becomes truth by default.

sudden valley gunner

You must have a very different definition for the word truth than I do.
+1

He still didn't cite to back up his claims. Figures because the cites are not there. In my opinion his actions in this thread is our greatest threat to liberty, putting the state above all, nationalism and jingoism, his love of the state Lincoln created overo the constitutional republic of sovereign states that were created in the 18th century.

Freedom1Man

+1

He still didn't cite to back up his claims. Figures because the cites are not there. In my opinion his actions in this thread is our greatest threat to liberty, putting the state above all, nationalism and jingoism, his love of the state Lincoln created overo the constitutional republic of sovereign states that were created in the 18th century.

True I have not seen any cites from him/her.

DocWalker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsMObY6524&feature=player_embedded

Marine steals a flag from a US citizen because he did not like how he was flying it (upside down in protest of shootings in NM).

Attention dude: there is no constitutional right to require a flag to be flow how you think it should but there is one for freedom of speech

Anyone who thinks that members of the military defend us, this is an example of how this viewpoint is wrong.

I seen this a different way...

The Marine noticed someone holding a flag upside down, this means they require help as they are in distress. The marine doing what he was trained ran to the guy in distress to HELP him. As he got closer the guy dropped the flag and took off, obviously no longer in distress after being helped by the marine. The marine seeing the flag on the ground retrieved it for so it can be retired after it has touched the ground.

I would thank the marine for helping the man in distress and for also retriving the discarded flag.

That is my take on this situation.