• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Always practice basic gun safety to avoid this tragedy part-2

Law abider

Once again we have had another tragedy this time in Milwaukee.
Authorities said a man accidentally shot himself to death today at a business in suburban Milwaukee. It happened around 8:50 this morning at Bob Lanier Enterprises in Menomonee Falls. Police said the man inadvertently shot himself in the chest, and he died from it. Officials did not say whether he worked at the business.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/content/wisconsin-news-round-dog-fighting-ring-broken-arrests-made

I hope that Wisconsinites who have guns, like us have been taught some level of gun safety. I am wondering if this is the issue that is keeping Minnesota from honoring our permits.

davidmcbeth

Banned
From OP's link .. another interesting story:

Fond du Lac police officials say residents expect officers to act safely when they respond to emergencies. Patrol officer Melissa Sprangers learned that lesson, after she was suspended for 20 days for getting into three accidents with squad cars during a one-year period. The Fond du Lac Reporter dug up records about the incidents and Sprangers' punishment. Last November, police said the officer was driving up to 67-miles-an-hour while answering a request for a back-up. She hit another squad car, and both were totaled. In March of last year, Sprangers was suspended for one day after she was caught driving too fast. And in late 2012, she received a written warning for striking a parked car. Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein told the Fond du Lac paper that the 20-day suspension shows how serious the department is about demanding safe driving by patrol personnel. Besides the suspension, she had to get remedial driver training. All officers complete a one-day driving course every two years.

This person should be fired ! What, a cop has to plow through 20 kids before they get fired?

"serious" my arse.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

First off a shotgun shot well not blow some one in half.

Put a good size hole in them for sure.

As with any tool being careless with and around them can have tragic results.