• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from awildblastoise! :D

awildblastoise

Good Evening,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the boards and say thank you to all who share information on this forum! I'll start by saying that I'm a 22 year old Oklahoman, black male, and an I.T. professional who just received their handgun license in July '13. I've been lurking this forum and those like Defensive Carry and Handgunlaw especially right after I purchased a Gen III Glock 17. I believe wholeheartedly in individual sovereignty and the right to defend yourself wherever you are, how you see fit. I feel that purchasing and subsequently carrying a firearm is just one way of ensuring mine and my family's safety while also freeing up state and local government resources. Since July I have carried everywhere and have had the wonderful experience of having the police called on me a few times. Each contact with law enforcement in Oklahoma has been unexpectedly cordial and professional resulting in conversation and mutual respect.

I'll also say that carrying a firearm for the first few months was a jarring experience to say the least. I carry openly and use a pistol lanyard whenever possible and I feel strongly about weapon retention to almost OCD levels. Maybe it's just me but I feel the need to keep my head on a swivel and constantly scan my surroundings. At first it was exhausting and a bit scary but I have no issues with it at all now and feel like if you haven't "profiled" me in passing then you should because I've been checking you since you walked in! Does anyone else do or feel the same way when they carry?

My everyday kit consists of a combination of the following: GEN III Glock 17, BLACKHAWK! Level 2 SERPA holster, 4 17rnd magazines, a 33rnd magazine, BLACKHAWK! lanyard, and flashlight. My EDC is my Glock 17 at 3 o'clock, lanyard, and extra mag in the left pocket. When I'm out and about and feeling in need of a good giggle I'll carry the G17 at 3 o'clock, 2 17rnd magazines at 9, or a happy stick (alternatively known as the "extendo high capacity ammunition magazine clip") and 1 magazine. Truth be told I kinda' like the feeling of knowing that reloading just isn't an issue because I practice so much:D. What are your everyday carry options?

Jamesm760

Welcome to OCDO!!! You didn't mention a voice recorder for your EDC. Might want to think about getting one. I carry G4 G23 with 3 mags total, voice recorder, pocket BUG. I am thinking abour switching my G23 for a G17 G4 or even a 5.25 XDM 9MM.

Also do you prefer LoL or DOTA?

Rusty Young Man

Welcome to the forum and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona awildblastoise! Quick question: did the inspiration for your moniker come from Pokemon? Just curious, since I used to be into it before they went past 300 (still prefer the original 150).:)

I have to second the advice that Jamesm760 has given: buy some form of recorder and carry it with you.

Because you probably look young, I would recommend reading some threads on OCDO regarding the carrying of a small video recorder to record any and all interactions (antis have been known to make the Devil look honest and are able to spin tales that rival that of Homer's epics). As a university student, I can really only afford video recorders like the Veho Muvi Pro. AT THE VERY LEAST, carry a voice recorder; think of it as an impartial witness.;)
Of course, know the law regarding consent and such when recording. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the Internet.

Other than that, you seem good to go.

Arin Morris

Of course, know the law regarding consent and such when recording.

I'm not a lawyer either, however, Oklahoma permits individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so (one-party consent). cite

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

awildblastoise

Welcome to OCDO!!! You didn't mention a voice recorder for your EDC. Might want to think about getting one. I carry G4 G23 with 3 mags total, voice recorder, pocket BUG. I am thinking abour switching my G23 for a G17 G4 or even a 5.25 XDM 9MM.

Also do you prefer LoL or DOTA?

Thanks! I've never considered carrying a voice recorder with me as well. That's a fantastic idea. I've heard nothing but great things about the XD series of pistols and I have to admit they're comfortable in the hand. What keeps me glued to my Glock is the simplicity of design and use but the only pistol I've fired that made me think twice is the HK USP Tactical in .45. As far as gaming goes I'm a FPS guy, CS:GO, BF3, the list goes on!

Rusty you're right, it's from Pokemon! xD. I tasked myself with creating the most ridiculous handle for myself on OCDO and had a good fit of laughter at the thought of a wild blastoise "appearing" on ODCO. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Thanks! I've never considered carrying a voice recorder with me as well. That's a fantastic idea. I've heard nothing but great things about the XD series of pistols and I have to admit they're comfortable in the hand. What keeps me glued to my Glock is the simplicity of design and use but the only pistol I've fired that made me think twice is the HK USP Tactical in .45. As far as gaming goes I'm a FPS guy, CS:GO, BF3, the list goes on!

Rusty you're right, it's from Pokemon! xD. I tasked myself with creating the most ridiculous handle for myself on OCDO and had a good fit of laughter at the thought of a wild blastoise "appearing" on ODCO. Good stuff.

CSGO huh, you play competitive? I played CS:S for 5 years competitively and recently transitioned to GO... hit boxes are quite different but I manage to play at a Distinguished Master Guardian (AKA badge) level.

I've never shot a HK, I need to go rent one. But yea, I too depend on my Glock.

awildblastoise

CSGO huh, you play competitive? I played CS:S for 5 years competitively and recently transitioned to GO... hit boxes are quite different but I manage to play at a Distinguished Master Guardian (AKA badge) level.

I've never shot a HK, I need to go rent one. But yea, I too depend on my Glock.

Oh dude it's life changing. That 45 was like shooting a 22, practically no recoil. To answer your question though wayy back in 2009 I was playing CAL in CSS but I was noobtown back then. Here we are on LegitProof:
HTML:
http://www.legit-proof.com/team/?db=CAL&team_id=191538&division_id=160
I was more focused on the 2v2 KB league in CAL for HL2DM in which we were 1st until CAL went kaput. Right now I play CS:GO for giggles but I'm trying to get better, the hit boxes have changed from CS:S and it's so much of a transition I'm playing DM against 10 bots just to get them right :\. But let me tell you, it's hard to chose between a CCNA certification and gaming right now.