Thread: open carry question..

open carry question..

hello,
    im new to this site and was wondering about this...
    so im 20 years old and in NC you CAN purchase a pistol purchase permit at 18-20 but must buy a handgun privately...
    i applied for my permit a few weeks ago and was denied because of a misdemeanor "assault on a govt offical".
    yet I can buy from a ffl dealer long guns no problem with this on my record. ive actully bought 3 long guns through ffl background checks and was approved so im kinda confused as to why I would be denied for a permit.. also I was wondering that if it was legal to "carry a friends pistol "(OC) if written consent to "borrow" it and paper was notarized.
    sorry if i sound stupid im kind of new to the pistol world..

i also turn 21 in 5 weeks.. if its legal to carry the handgun that i didnt buy i.e. borrow from a friend, would it be wiser just to wait until I turn 21 because most LEO dont know about being 18-20 and legal oc carry

Quote Originally Posted by keith1993may View Post
    hello,
    im new to this site and was wwell askew you toondering about this...
    so im 20 years old and in NC you CAN purchase a pistol purchase permit at 18-20 but must buy a handgun privately...
    i applied for my permit a few weeks ago and was denied because of a misdemeanor "assault on a govt offical".
    yet I can buy from a ffl dealer long guns no problem with this on my record. ive actully bought 3 long guns through ffl background checks and was approved so im kinda confused as to why I would be denied for a permit.. also I was wondering that if it was legal to "carry a friends pistol "(OC) if written consent to "borrow" it and paper was notarized.
    sorry if i sound stupid im kind of new to the pistol world..
    I am not sure that your misdemeanor especially being what it is will allow you to purchase. Buying long guns is different than a pistol. If i was your friend, I would not let you "borrow" my pistol no matter the documentation. The pistol you can conceal, it would be pretty hard for you to put a .308 down your pants and hide it.