Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Obnoxious sign in Somerset

  1. #1
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118

    Obnoxious sign in Somerset

    This is by far the most obnoxious anti gun sign I've ever seen. It's at the Stillwater Medical Group's clinic in Somerset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140404_001.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	11438  

  2. #2
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    This is by far the most obnoxious anti gun sign I've ever seen. It's at the Stillwater Medical Group's clinic in Somerset.
    "Stillwater Medical Group bans guns on this (false) premise: 'This clinic promotes a safe and healthy environment'"

    Fixed it for them.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    How can they possibly "promote a safe and healthy environment" that way?

    Oh snap, I forgot. Criminals obey signs.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    "Stillwater Medical Group bans guns on this (false) premise: 'This clinic promotes a safe and healthy environment'"

    Fixed it for them.
    A very good catch.

    Their sign is incorrect - they selected the wrong word - they should have used "premises."
    Premises = noun, singular a building together with its grounds or other appurtenances.

    "Premise" does not refer to the property, but to logical thought.
    Premise = (noun, singular) a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A very good catch.

    Their sign is incorrect - they selected the wrong word - they should have used "premises."
    Premises = noun, singular a building together with its grounds or other appurtenances.

    "Premise" does not refer to the property, but to logical thought.
    Premise = (noun, singular) a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.
    But the word they did use is CORRECTLY SPELLED!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    That's the smuggest thing I've seen all week.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    It is possible they used the word exactly how they meant it to be used.

    Just add a period or a semi colon after "premise"
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    That's the word I was looking for...smug.

  9. #9
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    It is possible they used the word exactly how they meant it to be used.

    Just add a period or a semi colon after "premise"

    +1
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Now if that Obummer nominee for surgeon general is approved, that bozo from the same country of origin as mine I am sorry to say, he will deem guns a 'healthcare' issue.

  11. #11
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Now if that Obummer nominee for surgeon general is approved, that bozo from the same country of origin as mine I am sorry to say, he will deem guns a 'healthcare' issue.



    And I will deem him a mental health issue. My blog has already gotten me attention from the feds, so I know they're listening. My terrible offense: I merely suggested that we the people are big brother and that the government would be wise to heed the warnings we the people give and I get a phone call from a "federal agent" who won't give a name and badge number and a "lawyer" employed with the "federal government" telling me that my blog could be "construed as a threat.". Laughed ass off both times.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Highly skeptical. The simplicity of duplicity.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    And I will deem him a mental health issue. My blog has already gotten me attention from the feds, so I know they're listening. My terrible offense: I merely suggested that we the people are big brother and that the government would be wise to heed the warnings we the people give and I get a phone call from a "federal agent" who won't give a name and badge number and a "lawyer" employed with the "federal government" telling me that my blog could be "construed as a threat.". Laughed ass off both times.
    Not surprised considering that the agents of the federal government think we are their serfs. It is the other way around. Got a constitutional sheriff? Maybe you need to let him know about this incident.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Highly skeptical. The simplicity of duplicity.
    +! Well said, "simplicity of duplicity". It even rhymes better than duplicitous simpleton.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Sock puppet 1: blah blah blah
    Sock puppet 2: +1 blah blah!
    If it didn't resemble schizophrenia I might find it humorous. You need meds dude. On the real.

  16. #16
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Not surprised considering that the agents of the federal government think we are their serfs. It is the other way around. Got a constitutional sheriff? Maybe you need to let him know about this incident.


    I think they wish us to believe it, but know otherwise. I wonder why they thought a phone call would scare me when armed and aggressive officers threatening me doesn't? I suppose a few phone calls on a prepaid phone that was in operation for only 4 months and not in one's own name could scare some people, but I know where the balance of power lies and the odds are against the libs. While our sheriff can be considered to be a constitutionalist, he does absolutely nothing but provide lip service. His deputies (with the exception of three individuals), however, are a completely different story. They can be counted on but carry no political power. Its a shame his Chief Deputy does not think highly of the 4th and 5th amendments and would violate your 2nd amendment rights for his own personal gain. Oops, named one! Gimme your best shot Knutson.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    If it didn't resemble schizophrenia I might find it humorous. You need meds dude. On the real.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

    I invite you to read the above on said illness. It is quite possible you are a far more viable candidate for the illness than either myself or Nightmare. It is unfortunate you are under the illusion we are one person. That absurd perception could be construed as a symptom.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

    I invite you to read the above on said illness. It is quite possible you are a far more viable candidate for the illness than either myself or Nightmare. It is unfortunate you are under the illusion we are one person. That absurd perception could be construed as a symptom.
    Agreed. Nightmare has been around here, under some or other name, for a long time. His personality is distinctive and known to the forum.

    Wimwag is only here to troll us, however. Either that, or he believes that hostility and intentionally goading people are the hallmarks of civil discourse.

    He also implied, in a previous thread, that Nightmare and I are the same individual as well. If he's not a simple troll, you're right on the money.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-08-2014 at 08:25 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    I'll say it again, nightmare is franky.

    Grapes, provoking, not provocking.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    I do not know about Nightmare but I get a great amount of satisfaction knowing we be all in your head, big time. On topic I do not find the sign all that obnoxious for a medical facility.

  21. #21
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I do not know about Nightmare but I get a great amount of satisfaction knowing we be all in your head, big time. On topic I do not find the sign all that obnoxious for a medical facility.


    Doug Huffman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •