• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obnoxious sign in Somerset

wimwag

This is by far the most obnoxious anti gun sign I've ever seen. It's at the Stillwater Medical Group's clinic in Somerset.

Attachments

• WP_20140404_001.jpg
    WP_20140404_001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 303

Rusty Young Man

This is by far the most obnoxious anti gun sign I've ever seen. It's at the Stillwater Medical Group's clinic in Somerset.

"Stillwater Medical Group bans guns on this (false) premise: 'This clinic promotes a safe and healthy environment'"

Fixed it for them.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How can they possibly "promote a safe and healthy environment" that way?

Oh snap, I forgot. Criminals obey signs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Stillwater Medical Group bans guns on this (false) premise: 'This clinic promotes a safe and healthy environment'"

Fixed it for them.:lol:

A very good catch.

Their sign is incorrect - they selected the wrong word - they should have used "premises."
Premises = noun, singular a building together with its grounds or other appurtenances.

"Premise" does not refer to the property, but to logical thought.
Premise = (noun, singular) a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.

JoeSparky

Centurion
A very good catch.

Their sign is incorrect - they selected the wrong word - they should have used "premises."
Premises = noun, singular a building together with its grounds or other appurtenances.

"Premise" does not refer to the property, but to logical thought.
Premise = (noun, singular) a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.

But the word they did use is CORRECTLY SPELLED!

Law abider

Now if that Obummer nominee for surgeon general is approved, that bozo from the same country of origin as mine I am sorry to say, he will deem guns a 'healthcare' issue.

wimwag

Now if that Obummer nominee for surgeon general is approved, that bozo from the same country of origin as mine I am sorry to say, he will deem guns a 'healthcare' issue.

And I will deem him a mental health issue. My blog has already gotten me attention from the feds, so I know they're listening. My terrible offense: I merely suggested that we the people are big brother and that the government would be wise to heed the warnings we the people give and I get a phone call from a "federal agent" who won't give a name and badge number and a "lawyer" employed with the "federal government" telling me that my blog could be "construed as a threat.". Laughed ass off both times.

Law abider

And I will deem him a mental health issue. My blog has already gotten me attention from the feds, so I know they're listening. My terrible offense: I merely suggested that we the people are big brother and that the government would be wise to heed the warnings we the people give and I get a phone call from a "federal agent" who won't give a name and badge number and a "lawyer" employed with the "federal government" telling me that my blog could be "construed as a threat.". Laughed ass off both times.

Not surprised considering that the agents of the federal government think we are their serfs. It is the other way around. Got a constitutional sheriff? Maybe you need to let him know about this incident.

wimwag

Not surprised considering that the agents of the federal government think we are their serfs. It is the other way around. Got a constitutional sheriff? Maybe you need to let him know about this incident.

I think they wish us to believe it, but know otherwise. I wonder why they thought a phone call would scare me when armed and aggressive officers threatening me doesn't? I suppose a few phone calls on a prepaid phone that was in operation for only 4 months and not in one's own name could scare some people, but I know where the balance of power lies and the odds are against the libs. While our sheriff can be considered to be a constitutionalist, he does absolutely nothing but provide lip service. His deputies (with the exception of three individuals), however, are a completely different story. They can be counted on but carry no political power. Its a shame his Chief Deputy does not think highly of the 4th and 5th amendments and would violate your 2nd amendment rights for his own personal gain. Oops, named one! Gimme your best shot Knutson.

Franky

If it didn't resemble schizophrenia I might find it humorous. You need meds dude. On the real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

I invite you to read the above on said illness. It is quite possible you are a far more viable candidate for the illness than either myself or Nightmare. It is unfortunate you are under the illusion we are one person. That absurd perception could be construed as a symptom.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

I invite you to read the above on said illness. It is quite possible you are a far more viable candidate for the illness than either myself or Nightmare. It is unfortunate you are under the illusion we are one person. That absurd perception could be construed as a symptom.

Agreed. Nightmare has been around here, under some or other name, for a long time. His personality is distinctive and known to the forum.

Wimwag is only here to troll us, however. Either that, or he believes that hostility and intentionally goading people are the hallmarks of civil discourse.

He also implied, in a previous thread, that Nightmare and I are the same individual as well. If he's not a simple troll, you're right on the money.

Last edited:

wimwag

I'll say it again, nightmare is franky.

Grapes, provoking, not provocking.

Franky

I do not know about Nightmare but I get a great amount of satisfaction knowing we be all in your head, big time.:cool: On topic I do not find the sign all that obnoxious for a medical facility.

wimwag

I do not know about Nightmare but I get a great amount of satisfaction knowing we be all in your head, big time.:cool: On topic I do not find the sign all that obnoxious for a medical facility.

Doug Huffman.