• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying beer?

solus

welcome to the forum...

ABC establishments are country entities not state.

g22 and bc have given you good guidance...it takes practice getting out there OC'g to reduce the nervousness and remember to remain calm in case problems pop up from citizens or LE taking exception to your carry choice.

since you stated you just completed your course, sorry your CHP instructor failed to provide a balanced course on the NC Laws of Deadly Force...

here is remedial study for you if you would be interested...http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

ipse

cds0699

Of course you can buy beer. Lots of people pick up beer to consume responsibly.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

hhofent

As I understand it, your ccw becomes void if you are intoxicated (.08%)

Sent by pony express.

carolina guy

Sent by pony express.

Not sure there is a % BAC attached when CC...

Basically, NO alcohol can be in your bloodstream unless you are on your own property.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_54B.html

(c2) It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in the person's body any alcohol or in the person's blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in the person's blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts or if the person is on the person's own property.

bc.cruiser

Not sure there is a % BAC attached when CC...

Basically, NO alcohol can be in your bloodstream unless you are on your own property.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_54B.html

There is no BAC associated with CC. The law cited states "in the body". I believe, according to the punctuation, the "on the person's own property" applies to "substances" rather than alcohol. Meaning you can be legally under the influence of drugs on your own property, but must still be alcohol-free. But, again, IANAL, and I'm not going to be "that guy".:D

Last edited:

carolina guy

There is no BAC associated with CC. The law cited states "in the body". I believe, according to the punctuation, the "on the person's own property" applies to "substances" rather that alcohol. Meaning you can be legally under the influence of drugs on your own property, but must still be alcohol-free. But, again, IANAL, and I'm not going to be "that guy".:D

:) (*thumbs up*)

solus

Sent by pony express.

NC has if policy if you blow anything you will have your CHP and probably your firearm taken.

as DOJ proudly staates it is the only state where you can have your firearm taken and still drive home from the sobriety check point.

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

As I understand, and unless the law has changed it is legal to OC and consume alcohol. While I have no doubt LE find excuses to take guns, it seems the only thing they could seize would be the CHP, and allow the driver to OC on his way if not drunk. Where ohhh where is PV on this one? Seems the coveted privilege card could actually cost someone there prized possession for a glass of wine.

bc.cruiser

Yep. Just make sure your gun is NOT concealed, don't mention a CHP, blow in the tube (DO NOT DO A FIELD SOBRIETY TEST), and then drive on.