• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7 months and still no resolution for John Greer's suspected murder by Fairfax police

Repeater

WaPo: Judge's Order

Here it is:

Judge’s order requiring information release in Geer case

Judge orders Fairfax County to disclose information in John Geer police shooting
Just three days after a hearing on the Geer family’s request for information in their civil suit against Fairfax Police Chief Edwin C. Roessler Jr., Judge Randy I. Bellows issued a 12-page ruling that threatens to end nearly 16 months of silence by Fairfax authorities concerning the death of John Geer. The judge did so, in large part, by noting that the case is now being handled by federal authorities, who did not object to any of the Geer family’s requests and who expressly stated publicly that they had not instructed Fairfax to refrain from disclosing information about the case. The judge’s order redacts the home addresses, phone numbers and identifying data of the law enforcement and civilian witnesses.

Mike Lieberman, lawyer for the Geer family, said he was “gratified that the judge has finally ended the family’s long nightmare of not knowing what happened to their son.”

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>
But then again, I may be wrong so David, why don't you request the records and post them. Maybe people will stop snickering at you then. :lol:

I have literally tens of thousands of records and continue to seek our gov't corruption exposed in records.

My latest one that will make you chuckle? I asked for Mike Lawlor's (commie in CT-works for goverfart-Mike Vandenburg loves this guy) personal email account emails used for state business (and specifically excluded any state email account records) ... what reply did I get? We are seeking agency records ...(see attachment). rofl

I politely shot the guy back an email telling him I was seeking his personal email accounts' emails, not state or agency account emails.

This guy must want me visiting him in the early hours at his house.

So, I'm pretty busy with gathering records already; be a dear and handle the request. thx

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looks like the cops name is Torres and now the PD is saying the fellow had a loaded AND HOLSTERED handgun NEARBY...
Sixteen months after a Fairfax County police officer shot and killed a Springfield man, officials for the first time Monday identified the officer as Adam D. Torres, and made a new claim that the man had a loaded gun nearby and threatened to use it. Fairfax police declined to answer any questions about the statement or clarify when Geer displayed or threatened to use a gun. The handgun found inside the house was loaded and holstered, the statement said. Fairfax officials did not notify Geer’s family or their lawyers that they planned to release the officer’s name and new details about the case, Lieberman said.
Washington Post

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Shooting someone because they have a holstered firearm nearby doesn't do much to make my opinion of the Fairfax cops any better. Kinda light in their slippers I think.

Marco

Shooting someone because they have a holstered firearm nearby doesn't do much to make my opinion of the Fairfax cops any better. Kinda light in their slippers I think.

1+
If that's all they need is a holstered/nearby firearm and a complaint about (?), WE are all pretty much far game.

Last edited:

ChristCrusader

[video=youtube_share;8-6xoB9s0aU]http://youtu.be/8-6xoB9s0aU[/video]
Open carried in the protest, to highlight the right to own guns without incurring additional unwarranted threat or use of lethal force by police.
Geer was unarmed, but was known by the police to own guns and keep them in the house. His hands were up in his doorway during the conversation while refusing to exit his home. When he went to lower his hands in a natural motion (which further revealed that he was still unarmed, hands empty), one officer fired a single shot into his chest. The officer should not have had his weapon drawn and aimed. When asked why they wouldn't just leave Geer alone long enough to go inside and cool down, police said that Geer might have harmed himself :confused: I think that option would have been better than killing him to save himself from himself, though there was no witness knowledge of him threatening anyone with a gun, including himself. The long-time girlfriend (mother of their two kids) called the cops to make him stop throwing her stuff out onto the lawn.

The Truth

Isn't that Cox fella a part of VA Cop Block? I know they were planning on showing up with around 30 folks.

I couldn't make it. It's been a very busy few weeks.

People who call the cops for non-violent domestic disputes are spiteful people with very little critical thinking skills in my opinion.

Maverick9

On a similar note that shooting of a Costco employee in Sterling, Va seems to have completely dropped off the radar.

Remember, two cops went into the store, without clearing it, shot her 5-7 times with a .45 and one of the bullets injured the partner (ricochet).

She had a paring knife.

Since when do you need 5+ shots with a .45 to kill a 5'3" middle-aged Filipino lady?

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c2c0da-a7f6-11e4-a06b-9df2002b86a0_story.html

Why did it take 17 months and a lawsuit to get the documents released about this police-involved shooting?

It slipped to pafe 3, but http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...hn-Greer-s-suspected-murder-by-Fairfax-police is where everyboy has been disecting this since it happened.

As to an answer to your question - seems pretty obvious that since everybody was not all neatly lined up .... As a matter of fact, it looks like the shooter has been standing out there by himself since the beginning.

stay sasfe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It is a sobering and eye opening case James.
The fact that the locality went to such lengths to sweep it under the rug is disturbing...and for the record,those are ALL UNDERSTATMENTS.

The Truth

Keep Open Carrying, guys. Whatever you do, never stop. It's important that police know that we are not afraid.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Nothing unusual. I have a civil case pending ... not until I started noting to the court that the gov't was tampering with evidence that they started to contact me in respect to records requests ...

The attached pic is the first response I got from 2 different requests (state law requires a response w/i 4 business days) ...

Why does it take a civil suit? Because the gov't does not want to share its public records with anyone.

Ya know, McBeth, hard as it might be for you to believe, not everything that happens in every state is about YOU.

OC for ME

Suddenly, Torres fired once. Interviewed that night by homicide detectives, Barnes and three other officers said Geer had slowly moved his hands to about head level when Torres shot him.

“When the shot happened, his hands were up,” Barnes told investigators.

Four days later, Torres told detectives that Geer “brought both his hands down really quick near his waist, and I pulled the trigger one time.”

The detectives, John Farrell and Chris Flanagan, asked Torres whether he had fired accidentally. “It was not accidental,” Torres told them. “No, it was justified. I have no doubt about that at all. I don’t feel sorry for shooting the guy at all.”
Cold blooded...

Amazing that anyone would hold any cop in that LEA as a good cop.