• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't bring your gun to the Richmond Airport!

Firearms Iinstuctor

Kind of like the people who turn them self in for accidently getting a fire arm aboard or making it through the check point with it.

Field strip barrel in one trash can, springs in another, slide in another, frame in another magazine and ammo in another.

The lost of firearm is a whole lot cheaper.

Then being arrested for being honest.

sidestreet

Saw the news clip…,

Why can't "journalists" EVER report a firearm-related story accurately? The handgun in the picture is a Ruger LCP that is chambered in .380 caliber, yet the story describes it as a .38 caliber handgun.

good work, Jim. As for the other, well, I guess we can take some solace that they didn't describe it as an "Assault Weapon". :p

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

cirrusly

Wait til you get to your destination and file a missing bag report. If you're lucky, the airline will manage to track the bag and forward it.

+1 Many CCW classes teach this should you inadvertently find your flight diverted to an NY based airport.

TFred

Don't take custody of your bag.
Makes sense and is probably the only reasonable solution, but I suspect you may be in for some awkward moments when the airline baggage people are standing there trying to hand you your bag, and you insist on not taking it. Now maybe they will be smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, but especially considering you're going to be in NY or NJ, I'm not sure this tactic is going to be well-received.

My point: Be prepared for an unpleasant, if necessary, encounter.

Never had to do it, just speculating...

TFred

Bob1

What airline are you traveling on, TFred, where airline baggage people are standing around waiting to hand you your bags? I'm on an airline roughly once/week and haven't seen that for many years. If I didn't pick up a bag off the carrousel, no one in authority would know or care.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
What airline are you traveling on, TFred, where airline baggage people are standing around waiting to hand you your bags? I'm on an airline roughly once/week and haven't seen that for many years. If I didn't pick up a bag off the carrousel, no one in authority would know or care.
I haven't flown on an airline in 15 years and that's how it was then. You pick up your luggage off the carrousel no one to give it to you.