Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: So I guess I'm one of many proud female NRA members ..........

  1. #1
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    So I guess I'm one of many proud female NRA members ..........

    So for a year I've been an NRA member joined a year ago. Well being of the younger generation I don't care much for snail mail and today I recieved my renewal notice, the first mailer actually payed attention to, and it's addressed "Ms Erik ******" apparently I'm a transgendered gun activist not like its problem in tolerant western Washington.....

    Guess I'll need to call the NRA tommorow when the offices open tommorow and inform them that theyre going to have to fix that,,,,,
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I never joined the NRA ... but have a better sense of our RKBA than most all of its members.

    I like SAF myself, http://saf.org/ although I'm still getting used to their new website format.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So for a year I've been an NRA member joined a year ago. Well being of the younger generation I don't care much for snail mail and today I recieved my renewal notice, the first mailer actually payed attention to, and it's addressed "Ms Erik ******" apparently I'm a transgendered gun activist not like its problem in tolerant western Washington.....

    Guess I'll need to call the NRA tommorow when the offices open tommorow and inform them that theyre going to have to fix that,,,,,
    Wait a sec., just hold on a moment, just a second...
    Now, you've just been handed a golden Opp-orr-too-nitty with a capital "O".

    Don't anti-Rights groups always try to charge us gun owners with being angry, inbred, old, fat, white men? And don't they tend to just go bonkers when someone not fitting ANY of that description shows up? Just look at what happened when Mr. Colion Noir became an NRA News commentator: the only part he fits is the "man", seeing as he's a calm, young black Texan who recently became a lawyer.

    You should have seen how people at the MDA event I counter protested at reacted when they saw I was Hspanic AND when they found out I was not a member of the NRA (following their exclamation of "you're just in the pocket of the NRA"). Got them to shut up for a solid ten seconds.

    All I'm saying is that maybe keeping the title of "Ms." could help our cause and all.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  4. #4
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Wait a sec., just hold on a moment, just a second...
    Now, you've just been handed a golden Opp-orr-too-nitty with a capital "O".

    Don't anti-Rights groups always try to charge us gun owners with being angry, inbred, old, fat, white men? And don't they tend to just go bonkers when someone not fitting ANY of that description shows up? Just look at what happened when Mr. Colion Noir became an NRA News commentator: the only part he fits is the "man", seeing as he's a calm, young black Texan who recently became a lawyer.

    You should have seen how people at the MDA event I counter protested at reacted when they saw I was Hspanic AND when they found out I was not a member of the NRA (following their exclamation of "you're just in the pocket of the NRA"). Got them to shut up for a solid ten seconds.

    All I'm saying is that maybe keeping the title of "Ms." could help our cause and all.
    I could realistically say I'm more liberal then the mainstream of the NRA on many things..... but I'm not a woman or transgendered, so at best it would be dishonest......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  5. #5
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I could realistically say I'm more liberal then the mainstream of the NRA on many things..... but I'm not a woman or transgendered, so at best it would be dishonest......
    I was joking about keeping it. I thought I'd made it clear with the over-the-top first line of my reply.

    In my case, I am Hispanic, and I'm not an NRA member, so the antis really get thrown off by that. They seem to shut down when their fallacious arguments are contradicted so blatantly in my very existence.
    I could almost be termed a "black swan" to their blanket argument.

    As to the political labels, I would fit closer to the etymological definition of "liberal" or the modern definition of "Libertarian", but I've registered independent.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  6. #6
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I was joking about keeping it. I thought I'd made it clear with the over-the-top first line of my reply.

    In my case, I am Hispanic, and I'm not an NRA member, so the antis really get thrown off by that. They seem to shut down when their fallacious arguments are contradicted so blatantly in my very existence.
    I could almost be termed a "black swan" to their blanket argument.

    As to the political labels, I would fit closer to the etymological definition of "liberal" or the modern definition of "Libertarian", but I've registered independent.
    oh I know you were joking.....

    it doesn't matter what race, political persuation, sexual identity, etc, if you believe something other then what the extreme liberals believe then they will never consider you more then a token, well maybe they'll say you're a traitor in more extreme cases, so it's no use appealing to people who are convinced they're fighting the old rich white people because you're either an OFWG or you're a token or useful idiot for them as far as they're concerned....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gallowmere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I could realistically say I'm more liberal then the mainstream of the NRA on many things..... but I'm not a woman or transgendered, so at best it would be dishonest......
    You're clearly not liberal enough, otherwise that last part wouldn't bother you...well, I suppose the same could be said of the other wing as well. :-x
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •