Thread: Road trip to great wolf lodge.

Road trip to great wolf lodge.

Stopped at Fred Meyer in Renton on benson and had a couple funny looks while o/c. One guy told me it was the law to conceal carry. I let him know the truth. Got to the great wolf lodge and they have a sign that clearly states concealed carry prohibited. I was conceal Carry just for certain reasons anyways but I wanted to know if I should get further clarification or if I should leave it alone? What do you guys think? Anyways carry on!

I'm no expert or attorney...but I don't see anything making carry "illegal" per se.

however if you were caught then management or a security guard could ask you to leave and if you don't the charge would be trespass. also security can't search your person without your consent, but if you don't give it they can also demand you leave and trespass you.

I wouldn't seek further clarification from management, they will be more then happy to "Clarify" that you should "leave your death ray at home you evil non-reasonable gun nut" just be discrete and don't attract attention....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    Stopped at Fred Meyer in Renton on benson and had a couple funny looks while o/c. One guy told me it was the law to conceal carry. I let him know the truth. Got to the great wolf lodge and they have a sign that clearly states concealed carry prohibited. I was conceal Carry just for certain reasons anyways but I wanted to know if I should get further clarification or if I should leave it alone? What do you guys think? Anyways carry on!
    Great Wolf Lodge has been queried on this many times - feel free to try again though.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Williamsburg

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-great-wolf-lodge/

http://www.whenshtf.com/threads/5051...Consumer-Alert

http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/vi...p?f=11&t=12444

Thank you for your question regarding our concealed weapons policy. The no weapons policy at the resort in Grapevine is in accordance with Great Wolf Lodge standard operating procedures and is consistent at all of our resorts. The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. As such, only licensed peace officers and members of law enforcement are allowed to bring a firearm or weapon on Great Wolf Lodge resort property.

If you have any other questions, please e-mail us directly at socialmedia@greatwolf.com.

Thank you, -Jessie
    https://www.facebook.com/Greatwolfwa...52067938919483
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So... not that I wish this would happen, but how long until a horrific event at one of these places happens? Kids, families, "gun-free" zone...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    GFZ's at work.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    So... not that I wish this would happen, but how long until a horrific event at one of these places happens? Kids, families, "gun-free" zone...
    I wonder, what would they say if you asked them if they are liable if someone is attacked or robbed on their premises, due to their policies prohibiting lawful carry of weapons?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    I wonder, what would they say if you asked them if they are liable if someone is attacked or robbed on their premises, due to their policies prohibiting lawful carry of weapons?
    They would say no, that you chose to come here knowing full well what our policy is.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)