• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Ferry Tale 3 ..They can't do that, but they did

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If only there was a way to embed a song along with a photo... maybe hallelujah or the 1812 overture?:D

This is great news.:)
Then there are these appropriate sounds of triumph: William_Tell_Overture_Finale
icon14.png

Blk97F150

Even though he had broken no laws and was not charged with anything, they took his gun.

I'm curious what their 'alleged' justification was for them taking his firearm? 'Officer safety'?

Glad he got it back! Hopefully he was compensated enough to allow him to purchase a bunch more guns!! :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm curious what their 'alleged' justification was for them taking his firearm? 'Officer safety'?

Glad he got it back! Hopefully he was compensated enough to allow him to purchase a bunch more guns!! :p

Contempt of cop......while on private property and doing nothing illegal :banghead:

Blk97F150

Contempt of cop......while on private property and doing nothing illegal :banghead:

Unfortunately, thats what I would have guessed. :(

Sounds like it took a while, but with Dan's assistance, it seems to have worked out in the long run (hopefully it worked out MUCH better ($$) for the gun owner!)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What does "HFO" written on the evidence box mean?

Don't know yet. Last night was the first I saw of the box. I'm looking into a couple of things on the box.

And yes, Grapeshot hit it..."Contempt of Cop". There was never any real justification given and I doubt I'll be able to get the internal notes that the Officer had to submit after the lawsuits were filed. I'm guessing the codes on the box will yield some information about that.

Thundar

Great news about bringing the gun back, even if it is a plastic gun.

What I do not understand is the link to A Ferry Tale. Could it be some tenacious digging by the same set of 2A Activists? Did somebody make sure the "osifers" regretted their confiscation of a citizen's self defense capability?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great news about bringing the gun back, even if it is a plastic gun.

What I do not understand is the link to A Ferry Tale. Could it be some tenacious digging by the same set of 2A Activists? Did somebody make sure the "osifers" regretted their confiscation of a citizen's self defense capability?

While we certainly intend to rub a small ocean of salt in the wound, the injury was inflicted by User. I never want to be on the wrong side of one of his cases. He went after this like a junk yard dog. Anything we did so far was just some bear work.

JoeSparky

Centurion
While we certainly intend to rub a small ocean of salt in the wound, the injury was inflicted by User. I never want to be on the wrong side of one of his cases. He went after this like a junk yard dog. Anything we did so far was just some bear work.

I disagree that the injury was "INFLICTED" by User. The injury was inflicted by the agents of the State and various agencies or entities that violated the rights of the lawful gun owner. User, as an advocate looking to protect the rights of a Lawful gun owner, is merely making sure that the wound is fully healed and won't be inflicted upon another! Hopefully, these entities will see the errors in the way they are conducting "business as usual" and considering the costs involved will CHANGE THEIR Ways with regards to Constitutional Rights of each of us!

But, I preach to the choir!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Ferry Tales series will likely continue for some time to come - there seems to be no end to those that need redirection as to the RKBA of the people.

I see User as the conductor of a full symphonic orchestra. We all tend to hush and pay rapt attention when the maestro steps up to the podium and raps his baton. He brings out the best in what would otherwise be solo performances. Even a Stradivarius can benefit from good coordinated accompaniment.

Those that do not fully appreciate his orchestral arrangements would best be advised to not reserve seating directly in front of the auditorium.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I note for the record that, in the photographs above, the OC'r was properly attired.

(If you weren't around for the original Ferry Tale, the famous Surry County Brandishing Case, then you may not appreciate what has become an "inside joke" of sorts. Full documentation available in a thread that's around here somewhere.)

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I think I recall reading of this issue a while back, but lost all track of it. Good to see that that OCer had his property returned to him. Hopefully the wounds to the offending "officials" have been made wide and inflict significant pain, so that they will long remember and not offend again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I note for the record that, in the photographs above, the OC'r was properly attired.

(If you weren't around for the original Ferry Tale, the famous Surry County Brandishing Case, then you may not appreciate what has become an "inside joke" of sorts. Full documentation available in a thread that's around here somewhere.)

Think it might have been age discrimination, didn't meet the court's standards of pulchritude, or afraid it might excite the CA too much.

Also, are all lady lawyers disallowed wearing skirts/dresses that show their knees?

Burqas required in Surry court? :lol:

markand

I hope the officers and officials involved were disciplined and the settlement had enough zero's after it to discourage such behavior in the future. Sadly, I suspect neither is the case.