• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McAuliffe's attitude towards the people cf the Commonwealth

Repeater

This shows conclusively the utter contempt that T-Mac has toward we the people, and due process. He has vetoed Delegate Johnny Joannou's HB1040, which would grant a right of appeal for those sneaky Red-Light Cameras, which are often used to raise revenue, not save lives.

Virginia Gov. McAuliffe vetoes red-light camera bill
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has vetoed a bill that would have granted people who receive red-light tickets the right to contest citations in circuit court.

McAuliffe vetoed the bill Monday.

The legislation won near-unanimous approval from both chambers. But the governor said that provision could inundate the judicial system with cases of limited financial impact.

Here is his actual [strike]explanation[/strike] excuse:
Pursuant to Article V, Section 6, of the Constitution of Virginia, I veto House Bill 1040, a bill that creates a new right of appeal to the Circuit Court of a finding of a violation related to the photo-monitoring of a traffic light signal. A citation levies no more than a $50 civil fine. There is no effect on a criminal or driving record.

This automatic right of appeal to the Circuit Court could inundate our currently underfunded judicial system with cases of limited financial impact, potentially jeopardizing the efficient and expeditious handling of more significant civil and criminal cases.

Our general district courts are more than capable of addressing these infractions and providing those affected with all attendant rights. Allowing minor citations to be appealed to the Circuit Court would add an unnecessary strain to our vital public safety resources.

Accordingly, I veto this bill.

Translation: Screw You.

We've got 3 more years of this. If he won't help people screwed by Red-Light Larceny, he certainly won't help gun owners.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That's all right. Everyone that voted 3rd party said they'd fight him if he was elected. They're just playing rope-a-dope now. He's toast before next session I'm sure. :lol:

user

Accomplished Advocate
The carpetbagger is from a "state", not a "commonwealth"; he is "culturally different", and doesn't understand that in Virginia, the governor is not the sovereign, the people are. My grandmother would have said, "That boy needs a good whack upside the head!" Foreigners, generally, have some difficulty in understanding and appreciating the cultural differences between themselves and the local population. The problem with Yankees is that they think their culture is "truth" and have this arrogant way of trying to make everyone else conform. And they'll want to kill you if you aren't willing to think they way they want you to.

rev.david

The carpetbagger is from a "state", not a "commonwealth"; he is "culturally different", and doesn't understand that in Virginia, the governor is not the sovereign, the people are. My grandmother would have said, "That boy needs a good whack upside the head!" Foreigners, generally, have some difficulty in understanding and appreciating the cultural differences between themselves and the local population. The problem with Yankees is that they think their culture is "truth" and have this arrogant way of trying to make everyone else conform. And they'll want to kill you if you aren't willing to think they way they want you to.

+1, thank for the clarity User

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Repeater

McAuliffe is a Progressive in what is becoming a more Marxist Commonwealth, due to invasion from left-wing outsiders who would rather not assimilate. See how T-Mac handled the Tech Anniversary:

Bell Tower ceremony honors memory of Va. Tech shooting victims
State officials, family members and supporters gathered today at the Bell Tower on Capitol Square in memory of the thirty-two students and faculty members killed at Virginia Tech seven years ago.

Paul Regan, Gov. Terry McAuliffe's chief of staff, said the new administration is committed to continuing to support the Tech families and community, while working on efforts to prevent recurrences of mass violence.

So, "prevent recurrences" meaning "more gun control" not more gun liberty on campus.