Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safeco Field now has metal detectors

Safeco Field now has metal detectors

just saw this on KIRO and found this article from January

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...&vkey=news_mlb

Fans attending games at Safeco Field this coming season will pass through metal detectors at the entry gates in compliance with a mandate from Major League Baseball, the Mariners announced. MLB has requested all its parks have increased security measures in place by 2015, and the Mariners will meet that standard by Opening Day of the upcoming season, an April 8 game against the Angels.
    Fans will walk through magnetometers while their tickets are being scanned. Devices are being installed at all public entrances to the park. Those who do not wish to pass through a metal detector will have the option of being checked with a handheld device.

Banned
    Time to sew some dimes into your underwear !

just received...

Last edited by Bill Starks; 04-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Boooooo
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

As long as people continue to go to games, watch games on TV, buy t-shirts etc they will continue to restrict our rights. Anyone that continues to attend games or otherwise financially support MLB is aiding and abetting the enemies of our freedom IMHO. While they have the right to do so we have the right to not spend put money with them. I for one refuse to go to another MLB game until this changes, I will refuse to acknowledge anyone attending a game or wearing a jersey etc.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    As long as people continue to go to games, watch games on TV, buy t-shirts etc they will continue to restrict our rights. Anyone that continues to attend games or otherwise financially support MLB is aiding and abetting the enemies of our freedom IMHO. While they have the right to do so we have the right to not spend put money with them. I for one refuse to go to another MLB game until this changes, I will refuse to acknowledge anyone attending a game or wearing a jersey etc.
    +1 The actions of them and their complicity with the state has made me really not care much for the game any more.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Not that this was the final nail in the coffin, but I stopped caring for the M's when they got a brand new stadium that was advertised as a $500 million facility, only is going to cost $1 billion. I mean, WTF? Not even a pennant to hang? And people want another sports franchise here? On our dime?

On the topic, how many shootings have happened inside the ballparks? Haven't most violent actions happened in the parking lot?

What about 9.41.300?

So, why are we allowing this violation of rights and laws?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    What about 9.41.300?

Because they have monopolized legal use of violence......

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    just received...

Thanks for the message. Below you will see an explanation of this policy directly from our website.

JP
    Seattle Mariners Fan Care
    (206) 346-4001
    Safeco Field - 1250 First Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134
    Bill your pics aren't showing.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1 The actions of them and their complicity with the state has made me really not care much for the game any more.
    I stopped watching a long time ago. Imagine what would happen if we gun owners or even 25% of us got together and boycotted MLB for just a single week in mid season.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

I stopped watching a long time ago. Imagine what would happen if we gun owners or even 25% of us got together and boycotted MLB for just a single week in mid season.
    +1 Sounds like a good idea.

Well, I guess I'll have to leave me hip flask at home.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

With 162 games plus post season = rain out. Do what I do, hold a grudge from the 94 strike.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Hey, I'm a Cubs fan. No need to go to or watch the games ... I know that they will be on top ! If you ever look, you doom them to the cellar...in an instant, before the light even reaches your eyes.

(I always sit in the front row of the movie theater so I am the first to see the movie)

Is Safeco Field completely privately owned? I recall some thingies a number of years back about tax mony being used for either the new Kingdome or the Seahawks stadium, but at the time I was too young to own a gun or know what taxes are so I paid no mind. If so, would state premption as far as CPL holders mean anything?
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

Thank you MLB, for ruining the only sport I actually go to watch in person. I will not consent to being treated like a criminal. This is America, for ****'s sake.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by 509rifas View Post
    Is Safeco Field completely privately owned? I recall some thingies a number of years back about tax mony being used for either the new Kingdome or the Seahawks stadium, but at the time I was too young to own a gun or know what taxes are so I paid no mind. If so, would state premption as far as CPL holders mean anything?
    The stadiums are leased to private sports organizations which is a loophole around preemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Geerolla View Post
    The stadiums are leased to private sports organizations which is a loophole around preemption.

It should not be though, because the cities could lease out their parks to get around that too if that was 100% true.

I think that if it was really pushed in court, we may just win. But as it stands it's creating an end-run and allowing the government to violate the law.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Bill your pics aren't showing.
    issue resolved

Last edited by Bill Starks; 04-13-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    What about 9.41.300?

Northwest Shooting Park Ass'n v. City of Sequim, 158 Wn.2d 342; (2006)

Sequim provided an exemption from the preemption statute.

Sequim acknowledges that municipalites operate in either
    a governmental capacity or a proprietary capacity.
    When operating in a proprietary capacity,
    a municipality retains the general rights of a landlord,
    in that a municipality may set the conditions of use of the property.

See this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ict-resolution

Then we should demand no taxes be stolen to support it and we get paid back the money that went into building it.

Let Billionaires pay for their own stadiums their millionaires play in.

Long ago I decided to not waste my money for an overpriced ticket to watch overpaid players put on a game that often is more boring than watching paint dry.

Same with football. Last game I went to was in Denver. I kept looking at the floor under my seats and couldn't understand how the guy behind me was spilling so many beers. Turned out he wasn't "spilling" the beer, he was drinking it then urinating in the empty cup. He'd then put it down on the floor and "accidentally" tip it over when there was a big play that caused everyone to stand up. More beer, more "refilled" cups, and a steady stream of urine under the seats in front of him.

Now I watch my "games" at home with no waiting in line at the toilet, nobody whizzing in a cup behind me and dumping it. Best of all, at the end of the day my wallet has an extra couple of hundred bucks left in it when you consider ticket price, parking, overpriced food and drink, as well as having to clean your clothes/shoes.

I could care less if fans were stripped naked at C-Link Field or Safeco Field. I won't be in that line.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Ah man this is such a bummer. I have two tickets to go see the Mariners play the Rangers this weekend. I wouldn't go except I have to meet with clients for work. I am so annoyed right now.
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Banned
    When they want a new field ... have it named DangerCo ... then no metal detectors would be needed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast