• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeco Field now has metal detectors

Bill Starks

State Researcher
just saw this on KIRO and found this article from January

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb...md=20140121&content_id=66900582&vkey=news_mlb

Fans attending games at Safeco Field this coming season will pass through metal detectors at the entry gates in compliance with a mandate from Major League Baseball, the Mariners announced. MLB has requested all its parks have increased security measures in place by 2015, and the Mariners will meet that standard by Opening Day of the upcoming season, an April 8 game against the Angels.
Fans will walk through magnetometers while their tickets are being scanned. Devices are being installed at all public entrances to the park. Those who do not wish to pass through a metal detector will have the option of being checked with a handheld device.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
just received...

image001_zps35267704.png

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

As long as people continue to go to games, watch games on TV, buy t-shirts etc they will continue to restrict our rights. Anyone that continues to attend games or otherwise financially support MLB is aiding and abetting the enemies of our freedom IMHO. While they have the right to do so we have the right to not spend put money with them. I for one refuse to go to another MLB game until this changes, I will refuse to acknowledge anyone attending a game or wearing a jersey etc.

sudden valley gunner

As long as people continue to go to games, watch games on TV, buy t-shirts etc they will continue to restrict our rights. Anyone that continues to attend games or otherwise financially support MLB is aiding and abetting the enemies of our freedom IMHO. While they have the right to do so we have the right to not spend put money with them. I for one refuse to go to another MLB game until this changes, I will refuse to acknowledge anyone attending a game or wearing a jersey etc.

+1 The actions of them and their complicity with the state has made me really not care much for the game any more.

mikeyb

Not that this was the final nail in the coffin, but I stopped caring for the M's when they got a brand new stadium that was advertised as a $500 million facility, only is going to cost $1 billion. I mean, WTF? Not even a pennant to hang? And people want another sports franchise here? On our dime?

On the topic, how many shootings have happened inside the ballparks? Haven't most violent actions happened in the parking lot?

Alpine

just received...

Thanks for the message. Below you will see an explanation of this policy directly from our website.

JP
Seattle Mariners Fan Care
(206) 346-4001
Safeco Field - 1250 First Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134

Bill your pics aren't showing.

Jeff Hayes

+1 The actions of them and their complicity with the state has made me really not care much for the game any more.

I stopped watching a long time ago. Imagine what would happen if we gun owners or even 25% of us got together and boycotted MLB for just a single week in mid season.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hey, I'm a Cubs fan. No need to go to or watch the games ... I know that they will be on top ! If you ever look, you doom them to the cellar...in an instant, before the light even reaches your eyes.

(I always sit in the front row of the movie theater so I am the first to see the movie)

509rifas

Is Safeco Field completely privately owned? I recall some thingies a number of years back about tax mony being used for either the new Kingdome or the Seahawks stadium, but at the time I was too young to own a gun or know what taxes are so I paid no mind. If so, would state premption as far as CPL holders mean anything?

Geerolla

Thank you MLB, for ruining the only sport I actually go to watch in person. I will not consent to being treated like a criminal. This is America, for ****'s sake.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Geerolla

Is Safeco Field completely privately owned? I recall some thingies a number of years back about tax mony being used for either the new Kingdome or the Seahawks stadium, but at the time I was too young to own a gun or know what taxes are so I paid no mind. If so, would state premption as far as CPL holders mean anything?

The stadiums are leased to private sports organizations which is a loophole around preemption.

Freedom1Man

The stadiums are leased to private sports organizations which is a loophole around preemption.

It should not be though, because the cities could lease out their parks to get around that too if that was 100% true.

I think that if it was really pushed in court, we may just win. But as it stands it's creating an end-run and allowing the government to violate the law.