• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeco Field now has metal detectors

Bill Starks

State Researcher
What about 9.41.300?

So, why are we allowing this violation of rights and laws?

Northwest Shooting Park Ass'n v. City of Sequim, 158 Wn.2d 342; (2006)

Sequim provided an exemption from the preemption statute.

Sequim acknowledges that municipalites operate in either
a governmental capacity or a proprietary capacity.
When operating in a proprietary capacity,
a municipality retains the general rights of a landlord,
in that a municipality may set the conditions of use of the property.

See this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Spokane-Public-Facilities-District-resolution

sudden valley gunner

Then we should demand no taxes be stolen to support it and we get paid back the money that went into building it.

Let Billionaires pay for their own stadiums their millionaires play in.

amlevin

Long ago I decided to not waste my money for an overpriced ticket to watch overpaid players put on a game that often is more boring than watching paint dry.

Same with football. Last game I went to was in Denver. I kept looking at the floor under my seats and couldn't understand how the guy behind me was spilling so many beers. Turned out he wasn't "spilling" the beer, he was drinking it then urinating in the empty cup. He'd then put it down on the floor and "accidentally" tip it over when there was a big play that caused everyone to stand up. More beer, more "refilled" cups, and a steady stream of urine under the seats in front of him.

Now I watch my "games" at home with no waiting in line at the toilet, nobody whizzing in a cup behind me and dumping it. Best of all, at the end of the day my wallet has an extra couple of hundred bucks left in it when you consider ticket price, parking, overpriced food and drink, as well as having to clean your clothes/shoes.

I could care less if fans were stripped naked at C-Link Field or Safeco Field. I won't be in that line.

bebop4one

Ah man this is such a bummer. I have two tickets to go see the Mariners play the Rangers this weekend. I wouldn't go except I have to meet with clients for work. I am so annoyed right now.