Thread: Fugitive Recovery - Arrested Without Cause

Fugitive Recovery - Arrested Without Cause

Removed this.
    Last edited by thargorv; 04-09-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Dude I have no advise for you other than hope you get a good attorney.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck, hope it works out in your favor.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Wow, im very sorry to read this, very terrible spot to be in. Are you a member of the NRA or any other organization that may be able to give you some advice?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

lawyer up

I don't know if posting such a detailed explanation works in your best interest. You might want to immediately modify your first post and just give no more than general facts. Don't post any more details about this until you talk to a lawyer. If the DA is sharp, he may see the mistakes the officer made, and might not file charges and the case will be dropped at the prelim and you will eventually get all your stuff back. If you don't have money, ask for a public defender first for the preliminary hearing if you think that the charges could be dropped. If you have assets, hire an attorney. When you do what you do, does not your main bondsman/employer provide some legal defense? Tactically, you made a bunch of mistakes, legally maybe not. You are going to find out the hard and expensive way. As the saying goes , you may beat the rap, but you did not beat "the ride". Police officers have a general distaste for fugitive recovery agents. Many bail agents take a lot of liberties with the limited authority and minimal law knowledge. Besides that, the LEO's don't like competition.
    Last edited by oc4ever; 04-09-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Removed this.
    Last edited by thargorv; 04-09-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Removed this.
    Last edited by thargorv; 04-09-2014 at 04:06 AM.

David, if you don't mind, could you go ahead and delete all your posts? Your help is invaluable, I think I have exactly what I need to proceed. Exactly what I did NOT get today from working with three different lawyers on the phone for consultations. I really appreciate it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thargorv View Post
    David, if you don't mind, could you go ahead and delete all your posts? Your help is invaluable, I think I have exactly what I need to proceed. Exactly what I did NOT get today from working with three different lawyers on the phone for consultations. I really appreciate it!
    Lawyers ..... could have 10,000 post about how "useful" they are ...

Good luck.