Thread: The pistol-toting 'Angel of Mercy' that saved a driver from an angry Detroit mob Rea

The pistol-toting 'Angel of Mercy' that saved a driver from an angry Detroit mob Rea

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

I'm just glad they recognized her for what she did. I'd like to think that more people would do the same thing if put in that position. However, the "150 people" standing around watching it happen, clearly prove otherwise.
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    I'm just glad they recognized her for what she did. I'd like to think that more people would do the same thing if put in that position. However, the "150 people" standing around watching it happen, clearly prove otherwise.
    As a former childhood resident of Detroit & being in the area for decades, it has been sad to watch it slide into decay. However, Detroit has some people who still do give a damn & stand up for what is right! God bless them all!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25...topped-to-help

PS - Thanks for posting Master Control & a good work shout out to Mr. Blue too!
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-09-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: PS note
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Right on!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Dang. 150 people in mob mentality. I don't know many people that would have the cajones to stand out there with a pistol and know they can only stop maybe 12-20 people, depending on my magazine. I hope the man recovers, as it appears he was coming back to help, seemed remorseful, and didn't try to take off or anything like that!

The story lacks a large amount of detail, but I am assuming from the interview and the mention of racial motivation against a white victim that the assailants were primarily black? TBH, As a young(ish) white man, I would have stopped and thought a minute about whether it was smart for me to step in on my own. If what was implied is true, I'm sure this woman being an older black female was a portion of what kept the people at bay. Somebody like me likely would have just added fuel to the fire.

What she did definitely deserves respect!

Quote Originally Posted by z28power View Post
    Dang. 150 people in mob mentality. I don't know many people that would have the cajones to stand out there with a pistol and know they can only stop maybe 12-20 people, depending on my magazine. I hope the man recovers, as it appears he was coming back to help, seemed remorseful, and didn't try to take off or anything like that!

The story lacks a large amount of detail, but I am assuming from the interview and the mention of racial motivation against a white victim that the assailants were primarily black? TBH, As a young(ish) white man, I would have stopped and thought a minute about whether it was smart for me to step in on my own. If what was implied is true, I'm sure this woman being an older black female was a portion of what kept the people at bay. Somebody like me likely would have just added fuel to the fire.

What she did definitely deserves respect!
    hes out of his medically induced coma. its one of those times i wish i was there to help, but then again thats why i moved out of detroit and to the suburbs. to get away from the trash like that that inhabits the city