• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The pistol-toting 'Angel of Mercy' that saved a driver from an angry Detroit mob Rea

Gallowmere

I'm just glad they recognized her for what she did. I'd like to think that more people would do the same thing if put in that position. However, the "150 people" standing around watching it happen, clearly prove otherwise.

FreeInAZ

I'm just glad they recognized her for what she did. I'd like to think that more people would do the same thing if put in that position. However, the "150 people" standing around watching it happen, clearly prove otherwise.

As a former childhood resident of Detroit & being in the area for decades, it has been sad to watch it slide into decay. However, Detroit has some people who still do give a damn & stand up for what is right! God bless them all!

[video]http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25172935/2-teens-arrested-in-beating-of-driver-who-stopped-to-help[/video]

PS - Thanks for posting Master Control & a good work shout out to Mr. Blue too!

Last edited:

z28power

Dang. 150 people in mob mentality. I don't know many people that would have the cajones to stand out there with a pistol and know they can only stop maybe 12-20 people, depending on my magazine. I hope the man recovers, as it appears he was coming back to help, seemed remorseful, and didn't try to take off or anything like that! :(

The story lacks a large amount of detail, but I am assuming from the interview and the mention of racial motivation against a white victim that the assailants were primarily black? TBH, As a young(ish) white man, I would have stopped and thought a minute about whether it was smart for me to step in on my own. If what was implied is true, I'm sure this woman being an older black female was a portion of what kept the people at bay. Somebody like me likely would have just added fuel to the fire.

What she did definitely deserves respect! :)

SD40VE

Dang. 150 people in mob mentality. I don't know many people that would have the cajones to stand out there with a pistol and know they can only stop maybe 12-20 people, depending on my magazine. I hope the man recovers, as it appears he was coming back to help, seemed remorseful, and didn't try to take off or anything like that! :(

The story lacks a large amount of detail, but I am assuming from the interview and the mention of racial motivation against a white victim that the assailants were primarily black? TBH, As a young(ish) white man, I would have stopped and thought a minute about whether it was smart for me to step in on my own. If what was implied is true, I'm sure this woman being an older black female was a portion of what kept the people at bay. Somebody like me likely would have just added fuel to the fire.

What she did definitely deserves respect! :)

hes out of his medically induced coma. its one of those times i wish i was there to help, but then again thats why i moved out of detroit and to the suburbs. to get away from the trash like that that inhabits the city