• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oscar says..I accidentally discharged my gun 4 times - GF dead .. accident !!

Fallschirjmäger

Someone once said something about once being happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is enemy action. I don't think they said what four times was.

*Often credited to Ian Fleming, the author of James Bond.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

SovereignAxe

If you were on the jury..

Would you vote,,, NOT Guilty???

That all depends on what he's being charged with. But it seems ABC news is following the modern trend in journalism in which you give as little pertinent information as possible, so the story doesn't tell us what he's been charged with.

If he's being charged with murder, absolutely not. The article makes no mention of motive. Murder requires mens rea, and from what the article is telling me there is none (but again, this just could be bad journalism and left out). A murder conviction requires a guilty verdict without any doubt. From what I'm reading in the story there is lots of doubt.

If he's being charged with manslaughter, absolutely. He broke one of the rules: always be aware of your target and what is behind it. He broke that rule, acted recklessly, fired through a door, and got his girlfriend killed in the process.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

That all depends on what he's being charged with. But it seems ABC news is following the modern trend in journalism in which you give as little pertinent information as possible, so the story doesn't tell us what he's been charged with.

If he's being charged with murder, absolutely not. The article makes no mention of motive. Murder requires mens rea, and from what the article is telling me there is none (but again, this just could be bad journalism and left out). A murder conviction requires a guilty verdict without any doubt. From what I'm reading in the story there is lots of doubt.

If he's being charged with manslaughter, absolutely. He broke one of the rules: always be aware of your target and what is behind it. He broke that rule, acted recklessly, fired through a door, and got his girlfriend killed in the process.

Good post. Did quite see it that way, thanks.

I love the use of common law requirements, some would say doesn't apply anymore.