• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pat Cook wrongful death settlement (Culpeper Shooting)

OC for ME

Pat Cook wrongful death settlement.
:question:
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:47 pm | Updated: 4:50 am, Thu Apr 11, 2013. -- The former Culpeper Police Officer recently convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the Feb. 9, 2012 shooting death of Patricia Ann Cook will not be formally sentenced until May 2 because his attorney is seeking less jail time.
:question:
"without in anyway admitting negligence liability on its part,"
:mad:

It is settled then. :(

fjpro2a

Sorry

Shocker... a northerner from Jersey giving advice on how they think things should be done in another states forum... :uhoh:

Sorry that I had the gall to give advice on a forum that encourages dialogue. Sorry also that I am from NJ. If someone from any State cannot give advice to someone from any other State on this forum, we are in BIG TROUBLE. We share the ultimate goal of "Constitutional Carry" throughout the entire country. People from any State may be able to offer a different perspective of a situation along the way. As I usually do, however, I defer to BLK97F150 and his experience. It is way more than mine, and I know I have a lot to learn from him and others. I just have one request. DON'T BE SNARKY! Lighthearted comment, my friend.:banana:

Blk97F150

Sorry that I had the gall to give advice on a forum that encourages dialogue. Sorry also that I am from NJ. If someone from any State cannot give advice to someone from any other State on this forum, we are in BIG TROUBLE. We share the ultimate goal of "Constitutional Carry" throughout the entire country. People from any State may be able to offer a different perspective of a situation along the way. As I usually do, however, I defer to BLK97F150 and his experience. It is way more than mine, and I know I have a lot to learn from him and others. I just have one request. DON'T BE SNARKY! Lighthearted comment, my friend.:banana:

You were doing ok until you got to the '"my friend" part.... :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dang nab it. Play nice.

Can't make a day trip to support the latest Ferry Tale hearing in Manasas w/o you all squabbling while I'm gone. :(

Had lunch at the infamous Toney's Pizza and debriefed with the principals - more on that later, except to say that we go to jury trial next Wednesday.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
$300K really is not that much ... but the plaintiff was satisfied.

Of course, no admission of wrongdoing...

The plaintiff may be satisfied. The victim is dead, and her husband died shortly thereafter, no doubt related to his wife's murder.

countryclubjoe

How much jail time did the murderer receive? Also, is this thread limited to only one NJ resident? LOL

CCJ