• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Florida?

chocofan

MO
I took it as I would be charged for openly carrying a firearm. He did not say specifically what I would be charged with. And with his attitude towards carrying I didn't go any further with the conversation.

I know a few officers and they all have the idea that concealed carry is the only way to carry.

LEO are allowed to lie
but like ADulay mentioned earlier about keeping your recipts as proof if going to and from the range,camping, hunting,fishing,I also think that citeing statue 790.25,that's with out mentioning that you will get hassled by LEO.
these thing's might clarify to the officer toward you'r action of OC ing.

Last edited:

conandan

LEO are allowed to lie
but like ADulay mentioned earlier about keeping your recipts as proof if going to and from the range,camping, hunting,fishing,I also think that citeing statue 790.25,that's with out mentioning that you will get hassled by LEO.
these thing's might clarify to the officer toward you'r action of OC ing.

Yea I know LEO'S can and do lie to you to. And I don't take what they say as 100% correct. But it goes back to the rule you may beat the charge but not the ride. No matter how passionate a am a about my rights that taking the ride part really worries me. I've never been it the back seat of a cruiser and don't want one . No matter if I k ow I'm right or not.

All I can do is hope one day Florida will allow open carry, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:

ADulay

But it goes back to the rule you may beat the charge but not the ride. No matter how passionate a am a about my rights that taking the ride part really worries me. I've never been it the back seat of a cruiser and don't want one . No matter if I k ow I'm right or not.

I respect the law. I do not live my life in fear of the law.

The problem for most people is that they live in fear of the law and allow what little freedoms we have just get taken away.

Open carry is legal under the appropriate statutes. I elect to avail myself to all that the law allows.

I do not live in constant fear of being "temporarily detained" by the local PD. A lot of people are, even when they are 100% in the right.

An officer has the duty to check on a person who may have been called in by some panicky citizen. Once it's obvious that you are not about to rob the local 7-11, you'll be sent on your way.

It's not a big deal.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

chocofan

I'll agree with ADuly LEO are not required to know all the laws, but a law abiding citizen should know the laws for his or her own benefit, example a friend of mine told me a story of a man who went to an airport with his luggage and his pistol wanting to boared an airline with his pistol on his person just because he had a ccw but did not have his permit with him at that moment, he missed his flight remained on the airport property with hopes of getting on another flight LEO arrived and he was arrested. now in this case the man ignored that he could travel with his pistol but he went about it the wrong way if it where unloaded,locked,encased,and the ammo in a separate box also locked,and would have presented it at the checkout in the correct manner mabe he would have made it to his destination. but instead he got arrested faceing charges and might have his ccw revoked. sad but true. my buddy also added that the man had some type of malisious intent.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'll agree with ADuly LEO are not required to know all the laws, but a law abiding citizen should know the laws for his or her own benefit, example a friend of mine told me a story of a man who went to an airport with his luggage and his pistol wanting to boared an airline with his pistol on his person just because he had a ccw but did not have his permit with him at that moment, he missed his flight remained on the airport property with hopes of getting on another flight LEO arrived and he was arrested. now in this case the man ignored that he could travel with his pistol but he went about it the wrong way if it where unloaded,locked,encased,and the ammo in a separate box also locked,and would have presented it at the checkout in the correct manner mabe he would have made it to his destination. but instead he got arrested faceing charges and might have his ccw revoked. sad but true. my buddy also added that the man had some type of malisious intent.
Proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation would greatly increase the readability of your posts.

Last edited:

notalawyer

I respect the law. I do not live my life in fear of the law.

The problem for most people is that they live in fear of the law and allow what little freedoms we have just get taken away.

Open carry is legal under the appropriate statutes. I elect to avail myself to all that the law allows.

I do not live in constant fear of being "temporarily detained" by the local PD. A lot of people are, even when they are 100% in the right.

An officer has the duty to check on a person who may have been called in by some panicky citizen. Once it's obvious that you are not about to rob the local 7-11, you'll be sent on your way.

It's not a big deal.

AD

Well...actually...LEO have the authority to detain an individual when the LEO has facts that support a reasonable suspicion to believe that criminal activity is afoot.

Just though I'd clear that up.

ADulay

Well...actually...LEO have the authority to detain an individual when the LEO has facts that support a reasonable suspicion to believe that criminal activity is afoot.

Just though I'd clear that up.

Yep. I Agee.

AD

ADulay

All,

Not wanting to start another "OC" thread that covers the same ground, I'll just add this update here.

Just about on schedule (every 3 months or so) I recently got asked why I was openly carrying my sidearm while on the motorcycle at a stop light and a Sheriff's car pulled up along side.

He asked the question, I answered that I was headed down to "the range" (as generic an answer as you could ever want) and he said "OK" and that was it.

I was headed to the range, of course and that was the end of it.

Be polite and be on your way!

AD

transam86

im in ga. for the month of dec and open carry

It istruly amazing in Georga that walking around with my springfield 45 on my left hip absoloutly fases not 1 person. Been in walmart office max staples home depot lowes red lobster gas stations convieiant stores and a Ford dealership. Every where ive been so far no signs saying no guns alowed. Its funny it isint the wild west like all these liberals in florida say will happen. Its so great not worrying if my gun shows under my shirt only to get herassed by the police over our ( brief accidential expousre clause ) !!! I hope one day Florida will WAKE UP AND GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!