Thread: OC rifle or shotgun legal nc

OC rifle or shotgun legal nc

I was reading the flyer and I noticed it states you can carry a handgun
    Let's say you were going to travel to a firing range for the shot heard around
    The country April 19th at noon.
    What if you wanted to ride your Harley ?
    Is it legal to openly strap your shotgun or rifle to your back and travel to the destination?

In disbelief that someone who has been a member for over a year has missed this:

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/s...-or-Precedents

Short answer to your question: Yes. All that stuff in the manual about long gun transport is there to keep someone from inadvertently, and illegally, concealing the gun. You are quite lawful in OCing long guns, either on your person or in/on your vehicle. The only way I see of getting into trouble would be with some LEO with a wild hair catching you in a GFSZ. I carry mine often when on my BMW, slung over my shoulder or secured across the rear seat. No problems, ever.

Enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 04-10-2014 at 08:30 PM.

rules of thumb in NC;

In reach, but in plain sight. you are good

out of reach but covered, OK

in reach but covered not OK. i am pretty sure a CHP does not cover a long gun

i do think that a long gun in a case is covered by the fact everybody knows what it is
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    rules of thumb in NC;

i do think that a long gun in a case is covered by the fact everybody knows what it is
    Nope. In a saddle sheath or holster, okay. Otherwise you could have a gun case that could contain anything, even a musical instrument.

CHP= concealed handgun permit as defined by NC statute 14.415.10 (3) and the statute is quite specific of what a hand gun is as outlined in 14.415.10 (2).

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-10-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain