• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safariland 568

Cap257

Greetings, looking hard at the Safariland 568 for a S&W 915 4 inch. Any thoughts on this for both OC and concealed? Thanks

Fallschirjmäger

As a personal preference, I don't care for Level 1 (friction retention) holsters for open carry. I was about to recommend a 6378 but I don't see one listed for the SW915......

OptisPlanet.com's lineup of available 915 holsters.

How do you feel about a 701?
opplanet-safariland-0701-concealment-belt-holster-stx-tac-black-left-hand-0701-18-132-175.jpg

Last edited:

Cap257

I did get the 568 for the SW915 and am very happy with the holster after a couple of months wearing the holster and practicing drawing (all with an unloaded weapon of course). With the proper adjustment the holster firmly holds the weapon. But I think I will use this weapon and holster for CC. Am now looking a holster for my Remington 1911 for both OC and CC and am looking at the Safarirland 6378 with the automatic locking system (thumb release). Any one have any experience and feedback on the 6378 holster. Great site, thanks for any responses.

wittmeba

I have these 4 for my S&W .40. The Gould Leather Gold Line is the best fitting for OWB. The AlienGear is best for IWB if I want to take the time to use it. I usually throw on the DeSantis Sof-Tuck for simplicity.
HolsterSet004.jpg

I don't have a 568 but a BladeTech with both Stingray belt attachment and the Paddle attachment. I don't like the way either fit. The both allow the grip to extend/roll outward and will print on any light shirt. Too much plastic at the top. If it were curved all the way up it might be better.
BladeTechPaddleTop001.jpg

Just make sure you like what you get or you may not carry as mush as you should. If it doesn't fit or is uncomfortable you wont wear it.

Here is a list of most holster mfgs with links...there are lots.
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/Holsters.html

Last edited: