• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problem with holster

Comm

I have a retention holster that I use along with my S&W M&P 40 caliber. The problem I'm having is that the holster is rubbing the finish off the top of the slide. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this, other than getting a different holster.
Thanks, Comm

.45acp

What holster are you using?

Someone here probably has had the same problem and can suggest a fix.

Fact is, if you carry a lot, most holsters remove finish to some degree over time. However, some are worse than others.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finish wear is character squired :)

Kydex holsters will cause more wear sooner at points of contact than leather.

Holsters can be lined with suede or similar, but that will hold moisture next to the gun.

Keeping the inside of the holster clean and grit free + maintaining a light film of lubricant on the gun will reduce the problem some.